Location of Windows 7 Installer setup file on Windows 7 Ultimate DVD 64-bit

T

TheViper

Hi can anyone tell me the location of the windows installer setup file as i need to re-install it on the windows 7 dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:
setup.exe on the root of the DVD...

Hi thanks for the reply sorry i didnt mean setup.exe to install windows i meant windows installer msi 5.0 as i just want to re-install the installer any ideas thanks.

I'm not sure that is available as a redistributable package.

The files would be inside the large .WIM file on your DVD. You could try mounting it (Download the WAIK - Windows Automated Installation Kit for tools to do this) & taking a look though to see if you can find it but I think it would be easier to just boot from the DVD and run a repair.

The files would be inside the large .WIM file on your DVD. You could try mounting it (Download the WAIK - Windows Automated Installation Kit for tools to do this) & taking a look though to see if you can find it but I think it would be easier to just boot from the DVD and run a repair.

Hi thanks for the tip ive got the waik so i will give it a go and then a repair if not successful .

Hi just an update i did an in place upgrade which sorted things out thanks to Singh400 and RoadBlock2000 for your help it is now resloved thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom