Location of Soundbar - help

MisterS

Standard Member
Hello - I am going to pick this Panasonic Sound Bar up at the weekend.
Panasonic SCHTB20 Black | Soundbar | Richer Sounds

I've a question over the placement.

The bar splits in 2 but I don't have room at both sides of my TV (it's in a wardrobe) so can't do that option.

I therefore must have the bar intact. I don't have room 'below' except to the left of the TV. Would that be awful/annoying or would it be OK?

My other option is on a shelf above the TV. I'm talking about 20cm above the top of the TV. Would this be ok for the sound or a bad idea?

In terms of eyeline/earline it would be about 1foot above.

Look forward to hearing from you.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would put it central and above the TV as this will give you the best sound of the 3 options you mention. Off centre is just going to sound funny and behind the TV will mean the TV blocks the sound so not going to sound good. I assume the shelf is also in the same wardrobe so is far from ideal since the soundbar will interact with the contained space and could sound boomy etc. That said it is still the best option of the ones that you mention. I would put some thing like blutac at the back of the speaker to lift it up so that it points down to your listening position.

MisterS

Standard Member
Thank you -that all makes sense.

As this sound bar splits into 2 - what about laying each one on its side under my TV (either side of the base of the stand?). There looks like there might be enough clearance for that.

Might that be better than above? (Presuming it looked OK).

PSM1

Distinguished Member
That could work under the TV. Could try both locations and pick the one that sounds best too you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom