Location free?

Spacecat

Ex Member
Reaction score
so am i right in thinking
i can pay $350 /£200 for a device that means i can watch my Tv shows or movies from my pc to my PSP as long as I Leave all my AV equipment on at home when i go away for a holiday and also happen to be near a high speed (not cheap) internet connection?

why would i wanna do that when i can rip the good shows and movies to a mem card or USB2go had disk and take them, with me? .

Why would i want to do it in my own house when i have a Tv or 2?

whats the next firmware upgrade a new Mortgage deal?

maybe i am wrong but Sony are really drip feeding this stuff and none of its that much use!

IMHO of course

well if you make your descriptions like that, it'll sound useless. Lets try different situations.

I'm away from home on business and have some time to kill in my hotel room in the evenings. I can either watch CNN or some local channels in a language I don't understand.

Alternatively I can whip out my PSP, connect via wifi (company will expense me for 'connecting to the office remotely') and tune into coronation street. Or the England V poland game.

Sounds a cracking idea to me.

so thats £200 plus leaving all my equipment left on and if i dont work for a company on expenses the cost of WIFI so i can watch
CORONATION STREET!

And if its a big footy game they will probably have it on in the bar anyway. Alternatively I could watch one of the many films I could rip to a memory card for free in better quality.

sounds a bit pants to me!

Or I want to watch the TV whilst upstairs, or in the kitchen.

oh and i'll have to change firmware to 2.5, and say bye bye to homebrew, pants.

No homebrew and i have a telly in the kitchen and bedroom, yep still pants 4me

Spacecat said:
so thats £200 plus leaving all my equipment left on and if i dont work for a company on expenses the cost of WIFI so i can watch
CORONATION STREET!

And if its a big footy game they will probably have it on in the bar anyway. Alternatively I could watch one of the many films I could rip to a memory card for free in better quality.

sounds a bit pants to me!

They dont. I was in Germany when the match was on and missed it because no channel at the hotel was carrying it.

And I missed Lost. And why bother burning movies to MS when you have Sky movies wherever you can get a WiFi connection.

I can see how people who dont travel regularly wouldn't see the benefit of this feature.

There is never anything on Sky movies unless you like watching repeats of harry potter every 30 mins, dumped it a long time ago.

sure the concept is not completely without merit , but give up home brew no thx

£200? Might as well buy 3-4 1gb sticks, and take a couple of fims with you

While the technology is a huge step forward, I can't see it being of use for the PSP. It's nice that Sony supported it, but the fact that it works with a laptop PC negates the whole PSP front of it for the majority.

Does it allow you to remotely change channel on your Sky system?

Does anyone know what this hardware is called? Or does anyone have a link to more info?? :thumbsup:

Sounds pretty sweet to me, I do a lot of travelling and this would be ideal.

Nasher79 said:
Does anyone know what this hardware is called? Or does anyone have a link to more info?? :thumbsup:

Sounds pretty sweet to me, I do a lot of travelling and this would be ideal.

Oh..... I see..... its actually called Location Free... :suicide:

Ignore me!

Does it work with either analogue TV or freeview? I haven't got cable or sky but I am interested in this :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom