Local Powerhouse to have 37" Panasonic Viera on display tomorrow

Messiah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realise the setup won't be great but will be good to see one. They also have the JVC 32" LCD and Hitachi 32PD5200 close to each other so will be good for a basic comparison. Hoping to go view tomorrow afternoon.

Powerhouse, Talbot Green (just outside Cardiff)

Let us know how they perform. I'm especially interested in the Hitachi 32PD5200 but here in the South of Ireland no retailers seem to stock it!!

Noonzio,

Call Joe at ihouse in Dublin -- I believe he has done a few Hitachis. The number is 01 219-5500. I bought my Pio 434 there and the standard of service is second to none.

Si

Cheers man

Wasn't set up when I went yesterday so going back later this afternoon. Will keep the thread posted.

They've got a 37" on display but not connected up and a 42" on display and connected showing analogue terrestrial. Freeview digital (via the in built freeview tuner) and DVD via an all in one Panasonic home cinema system.

Have to say I was not impressed with the image from the inbuilt freeview tuner. Whilst more detailed than the analogue one and also more so than the Hitachi 32PD3000 plasma sitting next to it the picture looks way more digital with loads of artefacts, particularly on moving shots. I certainly could not live with it. The screen also seemed to exhibit a slight flickering effect which was also very annoying.

The image via terrestrial was very good and again slightly more detailed and vibrant than the Hitachi next to it. The DVD picture was good but did not blow me away. It was being fed by a quality RGB SCART.

Would I buy one? NO. Nice aesthetics and good blacks but the picture was not smooth on any of the feeds. Nice, but not impressed. Below are some images I took with a 4m pixel camera on auto settings. Only posting for comparison against the adajacent sets.

You'll notice the Hitachi setup left a bit to be desired due to it's very pink image. No remotes available (and lack of time) so unable to tweak.

A couple of pics of the 42" Viera against the 32" Hitachi 32PD3000 (NOT the latest 5xxx series)

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

and one of the 32" JVC LCD

IMG_0292.JPG

Ah, so they didn't have the 32PD5200 at all? A bit expensive on the 32PD3000 considering its an 18 month old screen and is retaiing for under 1800 in Richard is Sound

Agreed, but then it is Powerhouse. The 32" JVC is £2999.99 there but can be got for under £2k online :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom