Local pics from the last few days.

MStarkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Managed to take a few around the local area recently, let me know how I'm doing :)
All taken with my 400D and kit lens.

1. Newstead Abbey waterfall
449873217_b3ee2ac7d9.jpg

2 Fields in springtime
447442493_c16ca460a3.jpg

3 Cemetry
450617338_8c88e284f0.jpg

That waterfall shot is lovely - very smooth and silky looking water splashes. Were you tripodded for it, or was it handheld?

And what's the blue dog doing on the 3rd one?

That waterfall shot is lovely - very smooth and silky looking water splashes. Were you tripodded for it, or was it handheld?

And what's the blue dog doing on the 3rd one?

Hi Tobers, with the waterfall shot I was lucky, didn't take the tripod but there was a fence that was handily placed. I've always wanted to take the silky water shot & couldn't let that chance go by.

The toy was left by someone out of respect I guess - didn't get it on the thirds though... :rolleyes: The grave is from a Florence Walters who lived to 105 !

Love the fact that the waterfall starts reflecting the colours behind you. It almost starts to look like a petrol waterfall or something :)

great waterfall shot, just shows the kit lens can and will produce good shots

great waterfall shot, just shows the kit lens can and will produce good shots

Thanks bubble, It's not too bad if you don't crop in too much as you soon see jagged edges. Getting the Canon 50mm prime soon, hope to see sharper results.

I have to agree with the majority, the waterfall shot is really great.

I love the way you have captured the fall, still being able to clearly see behind.Almost hear the sound of the fall hitting down on the large stones below.

The composition is great and the colours are vibrant. Great photo. :clap:

I also like the last one of the cemetry. The colours are all similar with the exception of the blue dog. Really effective.

I also like the last one of the cemetry. The colours are all similar with the exception of the blue dog. Really effective.

Cheers, there's a B&W version on my Flickr that I've desaturated - just the dog in colour.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom