Local government elections and AGW

blearyeyes

Established Member
Reaction score
A cursory look at the political crap being peddled concerning the forthcoming local (and in Scotland and Wales national elections) shows that with regard to 'saving the planet', all parties are falling over themselves to show their green credentials. Up here in Scotland, all the parties, and without exception, are pledging to cover the landscape in windmills and to cut our carbon consumption by up to 80%. How do you vote against this stupidity - there is no choice!! I would gladly vote if I could tick a square saying "none of the above". I suspect the rest of the country will be presented with the same 'choice'. This is not how democracy should be. :mad:

I will not vote for any goverment preaching Green issues, I have always voted Tory in the past but even though I hate the labour goverment so bad I will not vote for Cameron.

Once a party leaders starts dealing with real issues in this country and stops on about science fiction then I will consider voting again.

I will not vote for any goverment preaching Green issues, I have always voted Tory in the past but even though I hate the labour goverment so bad I will not vote for Cameron.

Once a party leaders starts dealing with real issues in this country and stops on about science fiction then I will consider voting again.

Well if everyone did that then these New Labour clowns might get back in again. Dont forget the the system appears to be rigged in favour of Labour if you look at constituency boundaries so the Tories are effectively running up the down escalator. If I were to think like you then at least I would ask myself "Who is least worst?".

A cursory look at the political crap being peddled concerning the forthcoming local (and in Scotland and Wales national elections) shows that with regard to 'saving the planet', all parties are falling over themselves to show their green credentials. Up here in Scotland, all the parties, and without exception, are pledging to cover the landscape in windmills and to cut our carbon consumption by up to 80%. How do you vote against this stupidity - there is no choice!! I would gladly vote if I could tick a square saying "none of the above". I suspect the rest of the country will be presented with the same 'choice'. This is not how democracy should be. :mad:
For decades now, none of the political parties have offered any serious attempt to tackle any green issues. The only reason they are making noises now, is because they fear the other guy might steal a few extra votes, if they don't. Also, the evidence for GW is overwhelming, and the public fortunately are finally waking up to the damage their consumption is having on the environment, and want politicians to do something about it. The scientists' message is gradually getting though to the public. The politicians would prefer to ignore it - the economic and social costs are massive, and they know that all too well. So now it's a game of picking the low-hanging fruit, to appear to be compassionate, and hence lots of rhetoric about cutting emissions, and renewable energy schemes. Most of these schemes, should they ever become a reality, are a mere drop in the ocean, unfortunately.

Also, the evidence for GW is overwhelming, and the public fortunately are finally waking up to the damage their consumption is having on the environment, and want politicians to do something about it.

Your living in 2006, your find the public is sick to the back teeth of GW and thats proven by the more and more crap thats getting written everyday. The GW supports know they are losing fast now, they are trying to play their last chance saloon card and saying the worlds going to end in a few years, putting the frightners on. Trouble is people are now sick of it and its all to late. If they had keep to sensible reasons why GW is real then people may not have got fed up with it, but they got silly and people now just laugh at it. In my office only 2 people believe GW now, 5 have now switched sides, its like this all over the country.

Your living in 2006, your find the public is sick to the back teeth of GW and thats proven by the more and more crap thats getting written everyday. The GW supports know they are losing fast now, they are trying to play their last chance saloon card and saying the worlds going to end in a few years, putting the frightners on. Trouble is people are now sick of it and its all to late. If they had keep to sensible reasons why GW is real then people may not have got fed up with it, but they got silly and people now just laugh at it. In my office only 2 people believe GW now, 5 have now switched sides, its like this all over the country.
If that's half true, then it just goes to show that the energy industry, and their compliant politician friends, are succeeding in brainwashing the public into thinking there is a genuine scientific debate. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were to happen. They are a very powerful group. I fear it is inevitable.

If that's half true, then it just goes to show that the energy industry, and their compliant politician friends, are succeeding in brainwashing the public into thinking there is a genuine scientific debate. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were to happen. They are a very powerful group. I fear it is inevitable.

The reason it will die a death is because of common sense. If the GW supporters had stuck with decent reasons to support GW they may still have more support but they chose to lie and get goverments involved. The common people dont want this, they dont want GW used to raise taxes and they dont want lying to and to be classed as stupid (ie. tell them x is causing GW and the public will believe us).

Things like the easter getaway is causing GW is beyond belief, even some GW supporters must be cringing with embarrisement at that one. It things like this that is turning it into a farce.

All I can say is ........ VOTE FOR ME!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom