Local Council By-Election Thread

Maxatoria

There must be some weird local shenanigans goi g on
Well labour didnt put any effort in at all, not even a single leaflet where as the tories did and also did knock on doors etc.

Labour around here just seems to have given up so they can hardly complain when things don't go 'right' for them.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
The Conservative vote share increased in every seat bar one.
As it has done in every GE since 97. A trend that tells you a very clear story about the British electorate and it’s political leanings and how to win. That’s a very very long term trend.

Though I’d not necessarily say comparison to 2018 is helpful in these local seats in national context. Given the circumstances then and now. It’s hard to compare to 2019 but would I think generally look like slightly worse performance from the Tories and better from Labour in similar areas. Though we are talking very small samples and local specific stuff.

Video Nasty

Maybe people that would normally put in the work for Labour on the ground no longer wanted to bother.

MrsArcanum

Distinguished Member
Maybe people that would normally put in the work for Labour on the ground no longer wanted to bother.
Saw the Labour County Councillor for my ward delivering leaflets himself. Cheery wave from a thoroughly decent bloke.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom