loans.co.uk customer data sold without permission!

boyimace

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up, received a letter today from loans.co.uk stating that information they hold on me may have been sold to third parties without loans.co.uk permission, they say they have reported this to the police as there could be a possibility of ID fraud.

As part of their very limited apology they are giving 12 mths free Creditexpert access.

Now i don't know whether this is a very bad publicity/marketing campaign or genuine, anybody else get one of these letters?

(oh just for the record I can't remember the last time I applied for a loan so must be close to the DPA limit of information storage - is it 6 yrs?? Will be checking though)

I don't know anything about these things, but I thought that they couldn't hold your details unless you have a loan with them.

I could well be wrong.

It seems they may have sold your info without permission ? So they don't know thats very smart :suicide: This info is dead info and is worth maybe around 50p per person maybe even less now. Its not hard to buy personal data these days, its just hard to make sure the data is valid. :D

In response to sorenapper

Don't think thats correct I know that you can hold info on people even if you don't have any finance/credit agreement in place (I don't have any loans by the way, just a mort but thats def not with loans.co.uk)

Just signed up for the creditexpert year free, hope i don't find anything

Wouldn't it be funny if they got substantial, multiple fines for not keeping this data secure, and we all then called them to suggest they consolidate them into one simple monthly payment? :D

Wouldn't it be funny if they got substantial, multiple fines for not keeping this data secure, and we all then called them to suggest they consolidate them into one simple monthly payment? :D

Oh dear lol, just got off the phone with loans.co.uk they say its just a precautionary procedure - i checked with them what kind of info they hold on me and they say that it just basic name, add, tel no's but no bank acct details thankfully!

Just out of interest i know they (loans.co.uk) have been fined half a million pounds for breaching FSA regulations recently so looks like there not having a good year!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom