1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loads of questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steve1, Feb 17, 2005.

1. steve1

Jan 5, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    ok have just a few questions
    i have bought this week a a hitachi 32pd5200 plasma.which im pleased with.2 years ago i bought a denon 2800mk2 dvd player.i have connected this to this plasma via component leads.from my dvd to the back of the tv.i have switched the dvd player to progressive scan. which i believe my tv has.any way .my dvd only seems to work on ntsc.progressive is this correct.if i press the pal or mutli button on my dvd remote. the plasma says no signal and goes crazy.am i right inbelieving my dvd player is only ntsc progressive.and if so how comes i can still play pal discs. with the blue progressive light on .on my dvd player.i understand this tv has some connections called dvi and i think its dcmi conections .i understand i can buy a new denon dvd player with these conections.are they better than my ntsc prog scan component picture im running at the moment.also. how do i know if my tv is acutally running prog scan as when i put it on av1 the dvd channel it just says av1 component.sorry this seems to long winded have been out of touch with home cinema for 2 years many thx if you reply