Loads of DLC packs for GH3 during June

Discussion in 'Xbox One Rocksmith' started by Tufty McTavish, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Tufty McTavish

Tufty McTavish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    1up.com are reporting that there will be 5 DLC packs for GH3 in June. The first went up today, Motorhead.

2. Chrispyphillips

Chrispyphillips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Finally, Chrispyphillips HAS COME BACK, To Swansss
    Ratings:
    +227
    At 500 points a pop? No sale :thumbsdow

Rock band DLC is all I need for now! Less than impressed with the way Activision handle their DLC! :nono:

3. Tufty McTavish

Tufty McTavish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Totally with you, Chrispy. 'twas more of an informational bulletin from me really. I have noticed that my interest level in GH3 DLC has literally vanished now that I have Rock Band, whereas I'm all over any RB DLC news. I'll continue to check out the preview videos but it's going to have to be something pretty damned special and unique to GH3 to make me swoop there now. Too little too late for them.

4. Semerie

Semerie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I don't like the prices.. but i buy all the downloads because i love GH lol >.<
    but i hope they lower the prices soon.. i don't wanna buy another 4 dlc until they lower the prices :).... in fact nvm i prolly will download them anyway.. depending on what they are

5. Brigggers

Brigggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    agreed.

it might be better if they allowed you to download single tracks from the packs rather than force you to buy them all

6. Coolit

Coolit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Theres reports that one of the DLC packs this month is going to be Coldplay, it got a mixed reception on the GH forums but I like Coldplay and if its true will probably buy it :)

7. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I'm done with buying DLC for GHIII now, its overpriced in comparison to RB and I'd rather spend my money on something I will get value out of and that isn't GHIII DLC anymore. I'm really disappointed they haven't been more competitive on pricing given all the RB DLC you can also play drums and vocals and its still cheaper.

8. edwardtickle

edwardtickle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I won't be buying this, only DLC i have bought for GH3 is Muse, and that is because i love the band. As said before it is overpriced and bad value, so doesn't appeal to me at all :thumbsdow

9. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Dammit, another low interest DLC pack. Beginning to get fed up with GH and RB now with the stuff that they are pumping out.

Always the pain with music oriented games is that if the music really does not float your boat then it really begins to annoy when each DLC pack only adds to the elevator music/middle of the road pop crap/dross American pop-rock/etc

"Better" is always a relative term but I just wish we would see some better music options being provided, especially Euro Goth/Metal (Within Temptation, Nightwish, The Rapture (NOT THE US DROSS BAND!!), etc) rather than sticking to middle of the road crowd pleasers.

Ah well another month, another safe points balance.

10. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I agree they do seem to play it a bit safe on DLC.

11. Tufty McTavish

Tufty McTavish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I know I could list tons of bands I'd like to see in there, but I'm right there with you on your selection above, Kahled!!! Oh yes. If some of your selections above turned up on GH3 rather than RB then I'd wilt for sure and pick them up for GH3. I think I'd still grumble about it because I'd rather play them on drums and/or with the rest of my house band.

A flood of GH3 DLC just as RB is released in Europe seems curious timing. And given GH:WT is due in a few more months maybe there'll be GH:WT versions of this DLC later too.

12. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,592
    Well we have another exciting DLC on the way for GHIII.....Oh yes get ready to rock out to some..............Coldplay...oh wait a minute that sucks :boring:

This is from the US Marketplace site but am guessing we will get it too :rolleyes:

Deftones82

13. virtual22

virtual22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +762
    It seems the record companies are using these now to plug albums and new stuff. I'm no Coldplay fan but I would have thought Trouble, The scientist, Yellow (obviously that's in there) but most of all Clocks would have been the road they would go down TBH. I think Clocks would have transported really well to a game of this sort, although maybe the record company are saving it for RB because of the strong drums in the song?

14. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I suspect, with GH: WT round the corner, Neversoft are holding off some of the more obvious "full band" songs. Perhaps that's the reason "Just A Girl" wasn't in the No Doubt pack...?

15. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    for me RB dlc is far better value so altho tempted by some of the new GHIII dlc. there isnt the value for money for me.