Loading times

smokedog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Because of the slow transfer rate of Blu-Ray anyone else finding the loading time annoying? I've stop playing Motorstorm now, cause the load time are so painful long.

i agree the load time is long but i wouldn't stop playing it because of it.you must have a very short attention span

Seems like Motorstorm is pretty much the only game that doesn't use HDD caching for some crazy reason. Games like Genji or RR7 after installing on the hard-drive load in 2 or 3 seconds. Pity all games don't do this.

Motorstorm has **** loading times. FACT.

Try another game, the rest work fine ^^

Do you think Motorstorm and other non HDD games will get HDD caching later via an update?

The misery of loading the vehicle select section seems like lazy programming.

Do you think Motorstorm and other non HDD games will get HDD caching later via an update?

I don't see why not, but then again I don't see why they didn't use it in the first place so who knows.

And SONY went on and on about the PS3 having a HDD as Standard to use it for Cache, yet loading times are MEGA slow:nono:

Motorstorm is pretty poor, especially the vehicle select screens but I havent really noticed it on any other game I own.

Doesnt bother me, I come from an era of loading games from a tape for what seemed like an eternity, my trusty spectrum wasnt the most reliable of machines, you youngsters dont know how good you have got it!!!

Loading times? bah !!!

Doesnt bother me, I come from an era of loading games from a tape for what seemed like an eternity, my trusty spectrum wasnt the most reliable of machines, you youngsters dont know how good you have got it!!!

Loading times? bah !!!

lol I remember those days, i had Robocop for my speccy spent near to 10 mins waiting for the game to load only for it to crash near the end due to a crimp in the tape.. i dont get what all the moaning is about the loading isn't that long.. most people these days are very impatient.

Loading times? bah !!!

There was nothing worse than waiting half an hour to load the game then it crashing just before it finished. That noise.:eek:

I always remember I had a dodgy joystick interface plugged in the back of my 48k speccy and if you breathed on the thing it would crash!! i had to be very careful as the amount of games that crashed when I pushed stop on the tape deck is unimaginable.

Is this new console syndrome? Just because a Spectrum in 1985 takes 10 minutes to load doesnÂ’t make it acceptable now. What happened to the PS3 being this super all dancing, all singing console. It canÂ’t even get the basics right.

fight night is terribly slow.

Because of the slow transfer rate of Blu-Ray anyone else finding the loading time annoying? I've stop playing Motorstorm now, cause the load time are so painful long.

The loading times on Motorstorm are poor, particularly at the vehicle select screen.

It's not bad enough to make me stop playing the game, but it would be good if an update to motorstorm set this type of info to be cached. Every PS3 has a HD so there's no reason not to.

I remember the old days of tape based games as well, I had an Amstrad 464 and with some games I could tell when a load would fail because the noise just didn't sound right, lol. :suicide:

The misery of loading the vehicle select section seems like lazy programming.

I thought this took long also, im glad im not the only one who thinks so

Is this new console syndrome? Just because a Spectrum in 1985 takes 10 minutes to load doesnÂ’t make it acceptable now. What happened to the PS3 being this super all dancing, all singing console. It canÂ’t even get the basics right.

:boring:

Loading times? bah !!!

Indeed me too, these 'Kids' have no patience these days :cool:

its like the people moaning about loading times in the 360 version of Oblivian, Its a bit of a pain yes, Worth posting about and getting your knickers in a twist?

Nope :rolleyes:

Resistance and motorstorm are bad, and if i could, i'd put some of it on the HDD, but its ony Genji and RR7 that do HDD Speed Up. if more games start to support this, i may upgrade my HDD with a faster bigger HDD, then see if anyone makes a mini PS3 HDD dock!

Matt

There was nothing worse than waiting half an hour to load the game then it crashing just before it finished. That noise.:eek:

Thanks for the chuckles. I seem to remember Batman on the C64 loading each stage seperately. I think there were another few as well.... Ah, those were the days....

I once threw "Jet set willy" up the garden because of the bloody "Tape loading error" :mad: Although I did bring it back as I loved it. We also used to cheat at Daley Thompson's Decathlon by rubbing a used AA Batterie on the Z & X keys, until they popped off one day :(

back on subject lol :rolleyes: eerrrmmm yeah loading times suck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom