• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Loading time comparison

Nezben

Distinguished Member
If true then that is a significant cut in time. I hope that cut is system wide with every load time though.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
It looks to be from the official nintendo channel so I'm hoping it's accurate. It's great that nintendo have acknowledged and done something about this but it still begs the question of why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Just speculating here but if it's a RAM issue then it's worrying as if Nintendos own engineers couldn't get the OS running at an acceptable speed out of the stables then it doesn't bode well for other game developers!

spikecast

That's a big improvement. :thumbsup:

Spoonablehippo

It looks to be from the official nintendo channel so I'm hoping it's accurate. It's great that nintendo have acknowledged and done something about this but it still begs the question of why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Just speculating here but if it's a RAM issue then it's worrying as if Nintendos own engineers couldn't get the OS running at an acceptable speed out of the stables then it doesn't bode well for other game developers!

It's purely because the system was rushed to get it into shops before xmas!

Hence the day one system update. They had the hardware ready, so sent it for manufacturing with a basic OS. With the idea it will give them more time up to launch to work on the software.

But it clearly still wasn't enough time for full optimization.

Check out this Digital Foundry analysis of the Surface Pro. Same problem with severe lag with basic tasks such as word processing until updated with a FW patch:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-surface-pro-review

Last edited:

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
It's purely because the system was rushed to get it into shops before xmas!

Hence the day one system update. They had the hardware ready, so sent it for manufacturing with a basic OS. With the idea it will give them more time up to launch to work on the software.

But it clearly still wasn't enough time for full optimization.

Check out this Digital Foundry analysis of the Surface Pro. Same problem with severe lag with basic tasks such as word processing until updated with a FW patch:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-surface-pro-review

It just doesn't fall in line with the way nintendo operate i think. Having consumers download a massive update on day one is not on if you ask me, and all these downloads before you play something is very unlike nintendo it's something that i had to get used to with the ps3 and was not expecting from nintendo. Seems like a cock up somewhere either in planning for release or awkward hardware i don't know. Usually nintendo are so meticulous and spot on with their products that these updates and freezes and game pad quirks are a little bothersome, just a bit frustrated but not the end of the world lol

Sanjazzy

This is AWESOME!!!! Netflix grey issues have been fixed, now this = sweet (although these problems shouldn't have been there in the first place) .. Some reviews of lego city have been saying how the loading takes a while in that between missions, it might be wishful thinking but I hope those load times get fixed too in this update :D

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
This is AWESOME!!!! Netflix grey issues have been fixed, now this = sweet (although these problems shouldn't have been there in the first place) .. Some reviews of lego city have been saying how the loading takes a while in that between missions, it might be wishful thinking but I hope those load times get fixed too in this update :D

I'm pretty sure the load times for games are specific to each one individually so if an update was released to rectify the load times for Lego city, it would come from travelers tales themselves.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom