Loading Symbol ? :/

fanatic

Standard Member
Reaction score
what is this icon called ?

it appears when loading webpages etc.. on the iphone, but even when the page has loaded it doesnt stop, WHY ?

it never done this before on safari :/

Attachments

• symbol.JPG
    symbol.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,226
i know the pic isnt great but its the best i could do.

the symbol just keeps flashing even when page has fully loaded :/

i know the pic isnt great but its the best i could do.

the symbol just keeps flashing even when page has fully loaded :/

that's a normal loading symbol (well that's what I call it) that is in full Safari as well, often you may get it, if the webpage is updating even when it appears fully loaded

if i go to google.co.uk the icon still keeps flashing, what else could be loading after 2 minutes lol + im pretty sure it always stopping flashing once the page had loaded

Last edited:
if i go to google.co.uk the icon still keeps flashing, what else could be loading after 2 minutes lol

hmm good point

just did it on mine, the page loads and the loading symbol goes, when I press the search bar, it briefly appears and goes (obviously loading the data for that), then as I type (it appears and only stops when I finish typing or when it stops thinking of auto-suggestions)

are you saying, you load it, and leave google and type nothing, it's still showing it?

yep, when i open google.co.uk the symbol just keeps flashing and flashing, and i dont know what the icon is called to try and search for an answer lol

yep, when i open google.co.uk the symbol just keeps flashing and flashing, and i dont know what the icon is called to try and search for an answer lol

it also appears across the phone, for example when checking email, maps, as it's loading and sending data

yeah i noticed it in other things, in facebook for example, it appears and once loaded it disappears

this is only happening on safari, and im wondering if it is constantly using up my allowance of internet while on ( if ya get me ) ?

okay so i think i fixed this, by pressing my home button twice i could see all my icons along the bottom.

safari was one of these, so i pressed it until it closed - and seems to have fixed problem !

this is only happening on safari, and im wondering if it is constantly using up my allowance of internet while on ( if ya get me ) ?

hmm, good point, that would be a concern,

tried reseting safari

Settings>Safari> and then select 'Clear History', 'Clear Cookies', 'Clear Cache' and then go into 'Databases' and delete what you don't. In my years of iphone ownership across the models, I found it useful giving it a spring clean every now and then (don't worry, your bookmarks etc are not effected)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom