1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading my sub????

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Pulsar, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +330
    Hello.

Appologies if this has been discussed previously.

I have heard the term 'loading the sub' mentioned. I understood it as stopping the sub from vibrating by placing a weight on top of it. Am I correct? I have a REL Quake (for my sins) and currently have it sitting on my laminate floor with no loading. I do hear vibrations sometimes, so should I place a weight on top of it? What should I use?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

2. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    What is vibrating?

The laminate will likely have been laid as a floating floor and is not connected to anything but it's self. Put a sub on it and the whole floor vibrates.

In my room with a concrete floor loads of other things rattle, the TV, shelves, the ceiling lights, CD racks etc.

Putting a paving stone under the sub could help but the first thing to do is listen to some sub bass and find out what is vibrating in the room. If it's annoying you and you can, then remove what ever it is.

If it's the floor that's the problem then putting the sub on some sturdy wall brackets might do the trick.