LNB to fit old (Mk3?) Sky dish

IanLewis

Standard Member
I need a new LNB for my Humax foxsat HDR. I have an old sky dish, where the arm is a square tube, and the LNB holder pushes into it. I think this is MK3. My existing LNB holder has a 38mm collar, holding a (not working very well) 38mm LNB.

Before I got up on the roof to measure, I bought an LNB from Screwfix knowing that the holder was wrong, but hoping that it would fit in the existing holder, or that at least, I'd be able to buy an adaptor if it didn't.

The LNB is 40mm diameter, and I can't find an adaptor. There are lots that fit in my arm, but have 38mm collars like the holder I have, and lots with 40mm collars, but for the newer, MK4 dish/arms.

Can anyone point me at a holder/mount/adaptor that will fit a mk3 dish, with a 40mm collar?

Alternatively, I could return the LNB to screwfix and get a 38mm LNB which will fit my holder, but I can't find any of those, either. Can anyone point me at a 38mm dual or quad LNB that will work with my dish?

Thanks,

Ian.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
One example Amazon product
Do your own due diligence to obtain a good product at the correct price that allows the mk4 lnb to fit the older arm.

Or upgrade the dish to mk4.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Fair enough it does state twice on the listing
  • To allow the new MK4 Sky LNBs to work on existing traditional Sky dishes

New dish and lnb is almost as cheap as the dish and an adapter (based on that price). Just needs a bit alignment after (which isn't rocket science and most receivers have signal meters if you can arrange to see a TV screen).

LNB question is another thread where the same issue cropped up?

IanLewis

Standard Member
Fair enough it does state twice on the listing
Yeah. That's why I thought I could do this sensibly, until I started measuring things! I don't understand why there are so many 38mm adaptors for sale, but no 38mm LNBs!

New dish and lnb is almost as cheap as the dish and an adapter (based on that price). Just needs a bit alignment after (which isn't rocket science and most receivers have signal meters if you can arrange to see a TV screen).
I suppose new dish is the last resort. Seems crazy as the dish is fine.

LNB question is another thread where the same issue cropped up?
I'll probably try and bodge it like he did. It'll be cheap and quick, I'll have to wait and see if it's reliable....

winston2010

LNBs 40mm diameter are probably designed for standard dishes not the vertically squashed sky dishes. Using one on a sky dish will give inferior results.

IanLewis

Standard Member
Well, for what it's worth, I bodged it with cable ties. I get 100% strength and quality on both feeds. I guess being in the south helps :) Hopefully it'll stay put.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom