1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LNB recommendations

Discussion in 'TVs' started by aligebes, Jan 22, 2004.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    After recent posting, I have now upgraded to an ATI Radeon 9600 card, The LNB that was fitted appears to be faulty so I have the engineer returning next week.

Can someone recommend a quality LNB that will give me the full range of channels on both the ASTRA and Hotbird Satellites( I will purchase 2 of them) The dish will be aligned on Hotbird with Astra being the secondary feed, Do people recommend this as I also want to get a strong signal from Euro 1080.

Any (more) advice appreciated, I have a Skystar 2 card with a full version of DVB Viewer2, I think I will also need a switch that will work with the Skystar.

Thanks

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    2 MTI Bluecaps should be fine.
    Don't waste extra dosh on Genesis, Invacom etc.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, I was not sure if I would need to spend extra in order to get a strong signal, being up north.....

I had actually found that the original LNB still worked, but it is not Universal, even then DVB Viewer was reporting some channels at 80% signal strength

Thanks again