LNB for GZ950

pantages

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please confirm which LNB is needed for the GZ950 satellite connection? I am guessing it is the same as used for Sky Q?

No - the older LNBs used for previous Sky services (eg. Sky+ HD) were compatible with Freesat, but the newer LNBs fitted when you upgrade to Sky Q are not, so you'll either need to revert back to the old type or find an equivalent.

Thank you. I have a LNB on the dish with two connectors and also another (spare) with four connectors marked Sky MK4L. I had Sky Q, later cancelled it, and now getting it back for self-installation but I can't remember which is the correct LNB. :(

Surely the LNB currently fitted is suitable for Sky Q unless you've changed it since you cancelled ?

If you're wanting an LNB for both Sky Q and the Freesat channels on the GZ, then you could ask in the Satellite TV / Sky forum for advice ?

You are right but my memory has failed me. (Aged 79). I tried using the GZ950 connection for satellite tv but the selection of channels was poor and didn't stay with it. I seem to remember that I was advised to use a wideband LNB which I think is the one that is in place. I think the MK4 was for Sky+.

However, thanks again and I will repeat my question on the Satellite tv forum.

Ah, OK :) I'm not sure if you realise, but the GZ (like other Panasonic TVs of recent years) doesn't officially support Freesat so there is no EPG, which isn't ideal.

Yes, I am aware. But Freesat is so disorganised I prefer Freeview. However, Sky Q is good and I only cancelled it because of the long term sound dropouts. Now I am assured that the latest 2TB UHD HDR box is fine. Fingers crossed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom