LNB FAULT !!

ondrewskeo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi just recently my Technomate TM 7100 has started to display the above message and I can get no channels . I replaced the LNB but it made no difference. I tried unplugging the cables from the back of my receiver and the message doesn't come up so I assume it isn't the receiver that is the problem.Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Short circuit on one of the cables? That would be my wild guess. Check out the connection between the cable and the F type plugs. You may find that swapping the cables around one at a time might just point to a faulty one.

You should keep them disconnected until you establish where the fault is as you can damage the receiver even with short circuit protection it's best not to use it once you know you have a fault - check f connectors aren't loose if they are screw on types & check inside for stray copper wires & check along their length.

If you can, use a test meter on continuity test to track the short down.

I tried unplugging the cables from the back of my receiver and the message doesn't come up so I assume it isn't the receiver that is the problem.
Don't assume that. A capacitor fault in the PSU could produce a condition that looks like an LNB fault.

It was the cable between the lnb and the motor that was faulty. Fixed now. Thanks to everybody for their help!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom