Lnb bracket for sky minidish

mauvedipstick15

Established Member
Reaction score
I have broken the bracket which holds the lnb in position, I got a replacement over the holiday which was slightly thinner and smaller in diameter so it won't fit properly around the neck of the lnb, the make of the new one is zinwell. Anyone got any ideas before I have to make that dreaded call to sky thanks in advance:lease:

Might be worth just buying a new LNB with bracket. Loads on eBay at reasonable prices.

Are you 100% it is too small?

I only say this as i thought the same when changing to an Octo LNB just before xmas with a new bracket, but with a little encouragement it fitted fine.

mine was also from Zinwell.

Thanks for all the replies guys

The zinwell bracket was too small so in the end I had to get a new lnb as well, I got a local sat engineer to supply and fit the new one, wasn't too bad as sky wanted £65 I got it done for£30

Jumping on the tail of this thread if that's okay...

I have similar issue: broken LNB holder/bracket.

Looks like a new LNB and holder is relatively cheap, so I have just one question:

- How do I identify what holder and LNB I need and/or dish I have, so i know which replacement to order?

It's a Sky minidish that was installed 2.5 years ago.
It was a second hand dish already when Sky first installed it, and the LNB holder came already broken, "fixed" with insulating tape and tie wraps!
My builders have today managed to finish it off for good...

Last edited:
It was a second hand dish already when Sky first installed it, and the LNB holder came already broken, "fixed" with insulating tape and tie wraps!
I'd have Sky send someone to replace the whole thing.
It wouldn't cost much money or effort to buy and fix it all yourself, but why should you?

Jumping on the tail of this thread if that's okay...

I have similar issue: broken LNB holder/bracket.

Looks like a new LNB and holder is relatively cheap, so I have just one question:

- How do I identify what holder and LNB I need and/or dish I have, so i know which replacement to order?

It's a Sky minidish that was installed 2.5 years ago.
My builders have today managed to finish it off for good...
There are 4 different versions of Sky minidish each with a different fitting for the lnb to its arm - see here Single-output universal Sky LNB

Thanks guys.
I complained to Sky upon install of such a second hand dish, and their response was to point out their only obligation was to install kit that was in working order.
And yes it worked, so I gave up complaining to a call centre drone.

The link is very useful. Now to get something ordered...

For the amount we pay to Sky they should give better service than that.
I wouldn't have accepted what they said and would have shot off a sharp written complaint about it.

For the amount we pay to Sky they should give better service than that.

I cannot recall anybody who has paid Sky for the installation of a dish, LNB or cabling. :confused:

(I can think of zillions of companies that charge for "out of warranty" replacements.)

Last edited:
BSkyB is a one-off, not to be compared with the other zillions.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom