Lm760t or lm860v or something else?

neilhunter

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A real noob here who thought I knew quite a bit but haven't kept up to date at all! Lol

I'm looking at the above 2 tv's around the £1k mark it I'm a bit concerned that the 860v has been discontinued?

which one would you recommend, or even should i be looking at something else in that price range?

The new set will mainly be used for hd viewing only from sky hd although hopefully I'll be able to download a few 3d movies and play them on it.

Also, any new set, it'll be useful to play from a USB stick. The smart tv, although nice, isn't essential I don't think.

I have tried to research this, but then read good and bad reviews and get myself confused! Lol

It's been 6 years since I bought a tv! Help me please!

I forgot to add, ideally I'm looking for a 47 inch.

Currys had the sets at £1098 for the 860v and £999 for the 760t.

Both models will be replaced in the next couple of months, although the replacements will be about 30-50% more on release

I'd also look at the Panasonic 47ET5B (also soon to be replaced)

Have a look in the review section

Thanks vickster,

I figured that's why the huge price drop on the 860v, but again, to be honest I'm not overly bothered about being at the cutting edge, just want to get the best value for my money.

I'll have a look at the panny, I should also have said I will be watching the footy on the new set too so would like something to keep up...

Plasma then, Panasonic 50GT50 - around £1000 with 5 yr warranty from John Lewis (I wouldn't buy from Currys if there is any choice)

Hopeful little soul aint ya? Lol!

I hadn't even thought about plasma to be honest, I thought that was done with technology since LCD and LED. I also didn't want as big as 50 inch due to the room size, I know it's only a few inches but still ...... ;-)

Right, that's given me some reading material!

(I also try to avoid currys like the plague to be honest, but my nearest jl is an hours train ride away and I like to see what I'm buying generally!)

I'll make the effort though. :)

View in Currys, buy from JL ;)

Plasma is no older as TV tech than LCD and LED is just LCD with LED backlighting and a big marketing budget ;) - have a read of the sticky in the plasma forum

Last edited:
Vickster, that earlier post was supposed to say 'helpful little soul' (no wonder it didn't make sense!)

Also, I'm very positively leaning towards the panny now, thank you. Can I ask, I've just read another thread that says they have known issues, what are they?

Just to let everyone know, I opted for the gt50 and purchased it from John Lewis today. Thanks for the help.

Good stuff

Have a little bit of a hunt and you may find a better deal for a post-purchase price match

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Not necessarily

All HDMI cables do the same job, a fiver from Amazon or similar will be fine or indeed £2 from fleabay

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom