1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lloyd cole

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Mr Cat, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I've always been a fan of him and I bought his cd 'singles collection' (comes wity a free dvd) and its great!

but I was thinking about this last night - when your'e young and you listen to music by artists that are typically older than you - you always look up to them, yeah..? now, when you get older (i'm 34) and you listen to the same music, what are your views..??

just that I was watching this dvd and i was well aware that I'm now older than he was when he was singing this music - but I still have a lot of respect for him, but when I watch muscians now I normally thing 'Pah!' - is that because the music these days is sh*te..? tho there is a lot of good stuff around... or is it just how we perceive these these people as we get older..??

sorry for rambling, I've been at work all day, and I'm here until about 9pm moving mailboxes...sigh...

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    I know what you mean - do we just dismiss it because they are so much younger than us ? For old artists like Lloyd Cole and others from that era I might listen to or watch, I think my brain still knows that they are older than me and that they were older than me when it was made. If that sentence makes any sense please translate it for me ;)
    I can appreciate music from younger people as long as it strikes a chord with me, some examples Blink 182, Korn, system Of A Down, but then again most of then are younger than me these days ! But I find that most new music these days is just the same mass-produced mindless pap that I've always hated.

3. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,535
    The question is, how long can music carry on being "new"?...There must be a finite number of ways in which ABCDEFG plus sharp and flat can be used to make a tune...I think I admire bands more now because they have to try harder to make melodies sound like something we haven't already heard...

4. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    His epynonomous album is great and I still listen to it regulary. Bad Vibes is good too