1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living with Thomson DHD4000

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by bampsam, Apr 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bampsam

bampsam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Having returned the Panasonic TUCTH100 (LONG wait for a box of rubbish) I find I cannot praise the Thomson enough.Lived with it now for three weeks and no matter how I try to make it slip up,it just does everything asked.OK it IS ugly but is so reliable.Quite like the remote now I am used to it.
    I do have the Inverto IDL-7000T on order from Unbeatable but will now cancel as it does cost £60 more than the Thomson,and it could turn out to be like the Panny.If you are wondering which PVR to go for,try the Thomson.

2. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got to admit I am in the same boat and watching very carefully. Still using my video at the moment as it works every time. I am looking for a twin tuner box but I haven't seen one that does not have problems. The panny looked good but from the posts on here it just doen't stand scrutany. What about the inverto. Any better? I wish the thomson looked better. The new humax looks good but when is it available, is it any good and how much as I suspect it is very expensive

3. LeeJS

LeeJS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Wish I could say the same for mine :(

had it for almost 2 weeks and it crashed overnight almost every night. The first time it wiped out the planned recordings so nothing recorded the next day then later on it wiped the entire HD taking all the recordings with it.

I wonder what the issues are here? Is it to do with certain transponders? Overlapping transponder signals? Weak signals during the update cycle? It seems odd that some people can have no problem at all and yet my experience could not have been worse.

Lee.

4. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just got the thomson myself, in place of the Humax that went belly up.
    It is certainly different than the Humax and a bit more complex to use.
    It recorded Dr Who ok.
    It is strange that the guide have to wait until 3 am to download, do the Thomson not use the standard freeview guide?

The only other problem I have got so far is that when you play back a recording, once it gets to the end it repeats and not just end.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well i have Thomson DTi2300 and from its EPG performance I WOULD NOT buy a Thomson PVR utter rubbish and the user interface is Crap....Should have bought a twin while i could........

6. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get yourself a toppy they are great

7. dingo8yobaby

dingo8yobaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    it uses 4tvs epg rather than freeviews and also once you receive the latest firmware update version 1.77, you'll get a number of improvments (chasing playback, 14 day epg, full screen epg) including returning to menu after finishing playback of a recording.