Living With(out) the Apple Watch - I now get it!

Discussion in 'Wearables Tech - Fitness & Smartwatch Forum' started by Mr X, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    Today is the first day of not having an Apple Watch since launch day. Only when you have used one for a few weeks, do you really see how effective it is and how it changes your habits seemingly without you knowing, certainly in my case!

As trivial as this may seem to some but it's been a royal pain in the backside to carry my phone around at home today or to keep pulling it out of my pocket whilst out and about today. A few weeks ago and I would have, at best, laughed at my own comment there and certainly not understood it by any means.

Quite by chance I came across this article today too http://www.wired.com/2015/06/apple-watch-camera/ which is a fantastic read and for me really summarises (far better than I can) what the Apple Watch is all about. I can also understand why currently so many people don't see it's purpose but again many of them probably haven't lived with one for a few weeks and then tried to go back to using just the phone.

Although I've kind of liked it since day one, today I finally understand its purpose and it's worth to ME, which is the whole point after all.

It kind of reminds me of 20ish+ years ago when people mocked me or questioned me when I used to turn up to meetings with a Psion organiser and a stylus to prod it and make notes. People just didn't understand the product. I knew then that times would change and the more I use the Apple Watch the more I get the same same feeling about it.

2. Dave M

Dave M
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    So what are you saying, that you miss it? Are you now going to get another?

3. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    Absolutely I miss it. I just changed model and it got delivered when I was away from home so I have a replacement waiting for me when I finally get back

I guess all I am saying was that I didn't realise how good the product is until I used it for a considerable length of time and then tried going about my business without it and I think that could be the case for a lot of people.

I think anyone in doubt should use it in full for the 14 days trial to see if its for them but you may not realise until you send it back :)

4. Dave M

Dave M
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    That's good to know. I picked up mine this afternoon and although I think it's s lovely watch, it doesn't "do" as much as I expected. Maybe I was expecting a mini iPhone or something?

As you say, time (no pun!) will tell and I think I will get used to what it is intended for.

5. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    Can totally relate to that Dave as they were exactly my thoughts initially. Use it well for the next 14 days and maybe even send it back. The true test will be is if you crave one when it's gone. Maybe you won't but it has changed the way I use my phone for the better, much like that article.

6. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,328
    Dave use the watch for a week then ask your missus to hide it for 2 days then see how you feel

That way it will test if you appreciated it more or less and your still within your 14 days for return

7. ruffage

ruffage
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,751
    Was it this one?

http://www.filesaveas.com/images/psion5mx.jpg

That was mine, and loved it. :)

8. Mr X

Mr X