• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Living - the hd life

Dorset Dave

Established Member
With LIVING HD due to come on-stream today we now have seven HD channels to enjoy. FX is the only one that has disappointed me as it seems to show exactly the same programmes as its SD sister channel. Some different programmes to establish FX HD in its own right would be nice. Only a minor moan really as this time last year all we had was BBC HD!

StevieBuck

Prominent Member
Last time I checked, FX and FXHD only show the same programmes during it's 'prime time' slots?

I wouldn't think they'd want to deprive viewers that only have access to their SD channel with the bigger shows they've got the air rights to.

Do any other HD channels do this?

Jaycee Dove

Established Member
FX HD ran as an independent channel until fairly recently - showing HD only series but only operating peak hours.

The move to simulcast with FX only occurred a few months ago.

It was discussed at some length when it happened and a worker from the channel posted the reasons behind it.

These will be in the Sky forums as the channel was Sky exclusive then.

Though you are getting your revenge with Living as that is Virgin exclusive.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom