Living Room Setup 5.1.2

KezzaRed

I don't have room for a dedicated cinema room so wanted to do something with the living room that wasn't too much but gave me something more than just a TV and soundbar. I don't like things under the TV so wanted wall mounting speakers. Went with the Focal Sib Evo Atmos package but will be upgrading the subwoofer to a SVS PB2000 Pro as the Focal sub isn't great, I currently have an old Canton subwoofer at the rear along with the Focal at the front so at the minute it's a 5.2.2 setup. I've recently decorated but since doing so have decided at some point I will pick up a pair of Sib Evo Atmos speakers to put at the rear so it will be 5.1.4, because of this I've put some extra cabling in that I need to tidy away. The TV is new, I treated myself with some inheritance money to a Samsung 85" Neo QLED. I also need to upgrade my AVR as it's about 6 years old, one reason as I need the extra 2 channels for the rear Atmos speakers and the other reason is I want the PS5 to do 120fps. I used to run the HDMI over ethernet but as this won't give me HDR 10bit I've changed to a 12m HDMI fibre cable. It's not perfect but considering my husband doesn't like subwoofers I've to set it up so we can both enjoy
IMG_20211204_184150.jpg
IMG_20211204_184211.jpg
IMG_20211204_184221.jpg
IMG_20211204_184237.jpg

KezzaRed

Cheers, it's 3d wall panelling and hidden LED lighting that goes up the wall, across the ceiling and down the other side. Both ends of the room are in a dark grey with the centre a lighter grey to make the room darker and more like a 'cinema' feel
IMG_20210901_181535.jpg
IMG_20210901_181824.jpg

Hoku

Looks a really well thought out design, especially continuing the panels across the ceiling. Looks pretty dramatic.

How have you gone about the LED lighting?

KezzaRed

Thanks, it was all planned/thought through until I decided afterwards to move a speaker and add more cable for when I put Atmos at the rear, I also changed to an Hybrid HDMI Fibre cable as my HDBaseT box wasn't capable of HDR 10bit.

The lighting is 4 x 8 meter ribbon LED's that are all connected to one controller and then a transformer big enough to run 32 meters, It wasn't cheap!! We've then used some plastics from the window/construction trades to form a frame to go around the 3d wall panelling and to be able to hide the LED lights in. The lighting can be changed to different levels of brightness, my husband was worried they wouldn't be bright enough... we could land planes it's that bright at 100% 😁

Hoku

Well the end result looks really special. Nice job. 👍🏻

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom