Living room refurb - in wall tv and speakers, WAF

1crb1

So there is an LED strip in the newly built channel which runs around the very top of the room to replace the cornice. There are some pictures of its construction on the first page.

What I wanted to do was replace the standard led strip lighting which currently sits in that channel with Philips LED strip lighting so that I could control brightness, colour etc.

It turned out more complicated than I expected.

Running Hue LightStrip from lighting circuit

24 Volt 20 watt DC LED Driver Transformer

But what I was saying was that neither of the above may work because Philips have changed their product and it may no longer be possible to simply cut off the plug/transformer and replace with a suitable transformer wired into the lighting circuit.

Its also not a priority because using the rear wall lights plus/minus the ceiling hue lights means the lighting is completely controlled. It was only for added effect. Similarly I have now put hue lightstrips around the whole of the television.

Hmm looking at my hue strip (latest design) it looks to me that the transformer is just that, and the Wi-fi gubbins is in the separate in-line box so in theory it could work.

mjbarnard

D76BAE76-CA0C-4AFA-A5CE-B2EE95686830.jpeg
45DAE718-60A6-4B56-87F1-D79B2266018F.jpeg
7D89CB9D-B0BD-4233-974E-DCF1E0F4ED9C.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom