• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

living room project

daveblade

just got the go ahead if the room gets decorated to get a new 5.1 system
and a new amp

cannot spend a lot on a new system but i want it to mate up with a ps3 xbox 360 new tv to be a sammy 8000 series 46 inch i am using optical cables for the sound is this the best way or can i use hdmi for sound with anything that is put forward
i dot have a amp or the speakers just yet so all help will be appreciated:D

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you want HD audio from blurays on your PS3 you will need to connect it to the reciever using a HDMI. An optical cable can not carry HD audio. Hence you will need a reciever that does at least audio over HDMI. The cheapest new recievers with this feature are the Onkyo 507 and Yamaha 465 both £220.
If you give a budget we can suggest some combinations for you.

daveblade

thanks for the reply the figure will be around 300 for the amp and i would like some small speakers to go with it as i have a sony 880 system which comes with speakers but they are a little too big now for the room

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom