Living Room planning advice

das7609

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Love this forum and been lurking/drooling over some of the setups around here for years now. I was hoping you would be willing to critique or advise on my planned new setup for my living room.

We moved in 2 years ago, and the room (being of victorian age) was never really designed for large screens. I've been thinking about how to configure the room best, but it's awkward. The fact is that the only wall large enough for the TV is off centre from the bay on the other side of the room, which means the TV is kind of in the corner to one side of the room.

Here is a picture of the room currently:
Living room.jpg

I'm planning on a new 4K Tv, 65 Inch with a soundbar with sub - no ability or desire to run cables for a full surround setup. TV unit I'm looking at wall mounted 1800 wide Besta as per my renders below. I've also considered mounting 2 x 1200 Besta units next 2 each other.

I'd love to get your thoughts or comments, many thanks in advance.

ps. renders are a little rough so be kind... :)

Pano render: (Option 1)
unified pano

Pano render from Doorway: (Option 1)
unified pano

View from Sofa opp TV Option 1:
Half_Moon_Existing_Model.rvt_2019-Apr-05_02-02-37PM-000_3D_View_1_jpg.jpg
View from Sofa opp TV Option 2:
Half_Moon_Existing_Model.rvt_2019-Apr-05_02-03-24PM-000_3D_View_1_jpg.jpg
View from the other Sofa Option 1:
Half_Moon_Existing_Model.rvt_2019-Apr-05_02-04-03PM-000_3D_View_2_jpg.jpg
View from the other Sofa Option 2:
Half_Moon_Existing_Model.rvt_2019-Mar-23_09-34-51PM-000_3D_View_2_jpg.jpg

Update: so after all the great advice. :) just kidding, I’ve Gone ahead and got started. We are loving the setup - Sony 65Xf9005 and Sonos Beam with 2x Sonos play ones for surround. Unit is Ikea Besta mounted to wall with hue lighting beneath.

Still to sort: shelving to recess in the right and recenter light above the telly.

BCD4A61F-5287-41BA-A882-020A5EF1B76B.jpeg
8DD1B15C-1484-4332-89BC-0E1E057AD9AC.jpeg

Thanks for watching!

Attachments

• AAF63E41-18B5-4663-B6B8-92DDE736232E.jpeg
    AAF63E41-18B5-4663-B6B8-92DDE736232E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
Looks a nice clean set up.
I will also be wall mounting my AV unit when I get permission to redo the lounge......again !!

Yep, looks good, see you went with option 1, which was the best of the two.

Without ripping the room to bits and starting again (ie removing/altering chimney etc) there really wasn’t much else you could do. Suppose you could put the tv on a swivel mount but that would be a pain moving it about.

You can now see how it goes as is and change if you feel it doesn’t work.

Thanks. Yes, ripping the room apart is not really an option. We bought this place because we don’t need to do much too it.

I did put the Tv on a swivel mount. Would be good if I could motorise it but thats another days project.

I’m pretty happy with the layout. Films have become an experience now.

Looking nice and clean for a living room install. Such a shame they never planned ahead in the previous century for media installs :D

Love it. Very clean. What's at the top of the centre section on that Besta bench? Just think it'd look a lot cleaner if you could close it off. Suppose even with a Harmony remote, you'd still need the hub on show :).

What did you use for the renders? They look awesome!

Love it. Very clean. What's at the top of the centre section on that Besta bench? Just think it'd look a lot cleaner if you could close it off. Suppose even with a Harmony remote, you'd still need the hub on show :).

What did you use for the renders? They look awesome!

Thanks Andy. Only just seen this now, been very absent from here as you can tell. Center section has a glass shelf with PS4 and sky Q box on it. I could close it off and might consider it if I can ever be bothered to go back to Ikea. 😀 renders were done with Autodesk software. I work for the company and used to work as an architect, these ones were pretty rough by professional standards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom