Living Room Luxury

Absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous room and your installer has hidden the kit away wonderfully. As per another post I would have gone with a 65" TV but that's just personal choice. I am very jealous. Well done.

65“ and non-curved OLED, but new generations are somewhat questionable ... 6th generation was the last one that impressed me .... but thats only me

Cedia and most magazines that give awards don't visit and certainly don't do serious assessment of systems, which I agree is nonsense.

Typically if it looks nice and is expensive, its well reviewed.

This is part of the reason why the quality of audio delivered by most custom installations companies is so low and don't warrant their cost...... I just got off the phone from someone who had been recommended placing esoteric in room speakers in the wall if they want the most discrete, high performance sound.

This complete ignorance of acoustics and how to design a system from people in the trade should be stamped out by trade organisation, but the will and the expertise just isn't there.

What a good CI company should be able to do is deliver better quality than can be achieved if you do the installation yourself. This is certainly the case with this project as the installer is really expert in audio and has exactly this sort of installation in his home.

Cedia and most magazines that give awards don't visit and certainly don't do serious assessment of systems, which I agree is nonsense.

Typically if it looks nice and is expensive, its well reviewed.

This is part of the reason why the quality of audio delivered by most custom installations companies is so low and don't warrant their cost...... I just got off the phone from someone who had been recommended placing esoteric in room speakers in the wall if they want the most discrete, high performance sound.

This complete ignorance of acoustics and how to design a system from people in the trade should be stamped out by trade organisation, but the will and the expertise just isn't there.

What a good CI company should be able to do is deliver better quality than can be achieved if you do the installation yourself. This is certainly the case with this project as the installer is really expert in audio and has exactly this sort of installation in his home.
Reminds me of the guy that said I should buy a Sonos sound bar when I asked for an in-ceiling speaker system for the family media room!?!?
:facepalm:

That was before I met Richard.

Last edited:
65“ and non-curved OLED, but new generations are somewhat questionable ... 6th generation was the last one that impressed me .... but thats only me
I thought the C8 was quite good, I like the idea of being able to properly calibrate it.

I thought the C8 was quite good, I like the idea of being able to properly calibrate it.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panasonic OLEDs. My 952b produces gorgeous images. I think even Vincent Toeh (and certainly the AVF review) commented that the Panny's colour accuracy out the box renders calibration almost pointless.

Fabulous system, so beautifully integrated with the room.

If I ever had the money for a proper install rich at Seriously is the installer I’d really want.

Fabulous system, so beautifully integrated with the room.

If I ever had the money for a proper install rich at Seriously is the installer I’d really want.
Wow. Thank you for the kind words. We will have lots of systems appearing in the new Custom Installation sub forum and have some really nice installations booked over the next year.

If you want a custom installation offered by many installers this is the sort of speaker that is popular at the moment.

Any guesses for the UK RRP price for a pair of these 2 way speakers with a 7" bass cone?

As a guide the MK IW95 is a two way speaker with a 6.5" bass cone and are £1400 a pair.

Attachments

• Wisdom ICS7a-Info-Sheet.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 229
But you get a laser with them.....

pew pew!

A quick question, you are using 2 each McLaren 100x5r amps, these are single ended amps? What specific inter-connects did you use to connect to the MP-50?
I am curious about connecting the MP-50 balance outputs to my single ended amp. Thanks

Last edited:
Do you have any issues with using the adapter connected to a single ended amp? I ask because I am considering doing the same.
Nope and no issues with quality. Sounds stunning.

Thanks for the commments.

I really liked your original system with separate speakers; it is similar to my own current AV system .However there is no denying that your current setup is beautifully discrete and modern. It is making me consider changing in future. Fortunately I was a carpenter and kitchen fitter so can do my own work, just need a little more money . . . .

I have done something similar in my lounge.....but having no skills myself, I bought cabinets that are 3.6m long, subs and kit housed within and speakers are on the wall.
Orange55’s Room is simply stunning.

I have done something similar in my lounge.....but having no skills myself, I bought cabinets that are 3.6m long, subs and kit housed within and speakers are on the wall.
Orange55’s Room is simply stunning.
Thanks Steve.

If you are ever in the area your welcome to come and listen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom