Living next door to a dealer...

Gaslight

don't take this the wrong way, i couldn't care for the legalisation argument in the slightest , this isnt the place for discussion.

i'm not moving house, because someone is breaking the law - at the end of MY garden.
at the end of the day, its illegal, and the police should be acting. it should be for me to have a nice little chat with him and ask him to do it elsewhere. (because then if he denied it, or got nasty, i would have to prove its self defence)

its just moving the issue, and the smell would still exist.

also i live in a rural village (maybe 6000 people), so i know if it was a city, it would be worse, but like anyone, i know it happens, and im not naive enough to say it doesnt. Drugs today are far worse than when i was in my youth 20 years ago (im 40)

Subjectively, we should all care about the legalisation arguement, because once it happens, this would pretty much end. Look to Portugal for reference.

It really isn't the end of the world, but you make out like its the worst thing ever to happen. I appreciate, that I live in a city and we are far more tolerant of others, but seriously, if the Police arent fussed, you may need to get over it, or start a full on campaign and become 'known' as the person who is leading it. Brave thing to do in this day and age.

What you will essentially be doing though, is moving it to someone elses yard if you manage to get him to move.

Life takes all sorts. It dosent affect you massively, so my personal opinion is just to chill out and appreciative that you're not living next to a house ful of chavs who disrupt your life 24/7 with music/shouting etc.

I do agree though, modern weed, aka skunk, is very far removed from its natural form, and especially that of old school hash. Even though I used to smoke, I never cared for skunk and hated the smell, nasty stuff.

davidegee

at the end of the day, its illegal, and the police should be acting.
Have you wondered why not? I suspect they have bigger issues to deal with and although it doesn't help you, I can't see that situation changing anytime soon.

I'm confident they'd act more quickly and effectively if you were to lay a hand on anyone at the property! Keep cool

dyspraxicowl

For future reference, public library will have the open electoral register.
i work (or pre covid) in IT security, so i used every trick in the book at trying to find the names of the people living there, was only ironically by luck that the police knocked on my door once asking if (first name) was in, (they knocked on the wrong door) that i got a first name, of one of the people., after getting that name i tried to get a surname, the one day a letter came through the door

ive lived in the same area since i was born, so i know practically everyone on that street, and no one knew (or still knows) anything about the family that live there. they speak to no one, and have no visitors, other than customers. (they did have a previous family member who moved due to constant arguements).

All this wasn't to be nosey as such, it was just so i could check with friends if anyone knew them, i know a parish councillor, but he needed a name to go though official channels to look into it. He checked the local area and details to see if they have been moved on for doing the same elsewhere (but came up empty handed, so it seems like they are not local people, although how they got a customer base was really strange)

dyspraxicowl

@Gaslight i understand entirely, i didn't mean to sound like i was having a go., also its not the worst thing to happen, my written style makes it sound worse - im just p***ed off about it thats all, we could all gain from crime, but some prefer a legal occupation

@davidegee i know they have bigger things, i really do - im a intelligent person, i understand that they have legislation and things take time, ive been patient with the police, and i still am - i dont expect something tomorrow.

i also do struggle with my dyspraxia occasionally, its hard work. its probably only once or twice a year that i struggle badly , i cant really put it into words, as it kind of makes me need to slow down a little, so i just usually hit the xbox or see friends for a hour or so just to get back to a normal thought process.

the hours drive home helps, but then its interrupted by getting out of the car to a drug deal.

like you say, if i was a to lay a hand on someone (or a foot!), the police would act,i was advised by a local councillor not to pay my council tax, and when i got took to court, use this as my reason - saying nothing has been done about it, but its just stress i dont need.

Miss Mandy

I can completely sympathise with the situation dyspraxicowl as I had a similar situation here until recently. I would continue reporting it to the police and if you feel they’re not taking it seriously then follow the complaints procedures. You could also try writing to your local MP.
I was quite lucky in some ways as we‘re housing association here so we could also report it to them. They’re pretty good at dealing with anti-social behaviour and served an eviction notice on the seller fairly swiftly.

myss

I can completely sympathise with the situation dyspraxicowl as I had a similar situation here until recently. I would continue reporting it to the police and if you feel they’re not taking it seriously then follow the complaints procedures. You could also try writing to your local MP.
I was quite lucky in some ways as we‘re housing association here so we could also report it to them. They’re pretty good at dealing with anti-social behaviour and served an eviction notice on the seller fairly swiftly.
I had similar thoughts as Miss Mandy as to what I would do, If the police don't step up and do more, I'd go so far as send the same information to the local press, MP, councilors, etc those who might have an interest to get things moving.

I had someone who was involved in drugs as a neighbour too but doubt he was a dealer, he was too nice to be that. I suspected that he was being 'cuckoo'ed' and being taken advantage by the dealer. Occasionally his 'visitors' used to confuse my place for his and I'd have them knocking my door in the middle of the night. Annoying to say the least. 😑

The housing association were a bit slow slow quick slow about dealing with this tenant, so were the police. When they were after him for a mental health/welfare check, they were turning up every two weeks. In the end the neighbour walked out and never came back, maybe he's in jail now but thankfully someone else is living there now.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom