Livid Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
The difficult second album. That's what they say - if your first offering is a success, then more eyes will be on you to see what you do with your second. The added pressure can often lead to completely washing out, but sometimes the fault with this difficult second album lies not at the feet of the artists, but rests firmly on the shoulders of those with high hopes. This is what I'm leaning towards with Livid.

It's the second offering from Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury, the directorial duo who, back in 2007, gave us Inside – an addition to the spate of French Horror movies making a deep cut into the vein of popularity at the time. It was received well, and is today considered a neo-classic in the genre, but there's no escaping it - a Genre film it was, and as...

Read the full review...

I really enjoyed reading the review :)
I'll take a punt on this. Inside and Martyrs are still among my fav foreign horrors so hopefully this will sit nicely on my shelf and warrant a couple of viewings at least :)

I really enjoyed reading the review :)
I'll take a punt on this. Inside and Martyrs are still among my fav foreign horrors so hopefully this will sit nicely on my shelf and warrant a couple of viewings at least :)

Definitely in the "Worth it" pile for me, but like I mentioned in the review, it's a considerable departure from the norm for the genre! More a classic horror than the vicious and brutal material the likes of Martyrs and Haute Tension preceded it with :)

Hope you enjoy! Stick with it ;)

Cheers
-al

Review was spot on mate :smashin:
I finally got round to watching it this evening. I cant imagine I'd watch it again but if I hadn't seen it I know I would have spent an age wishing I had :D

Now if only I could find a subtitled version of Inside on blu-ray (I'm sure there isn't one)

Glad you enjoyed it, it's definitely one of those movies that, for fans at least, should be watched.

Yeah, good luck with Inside mate, let me know if you do come across it!

One thing you could try is looking for a digital copy from Love-film or something like that, but I suspect that since it hasn't had a Blu-ray release, it's likely to be DVD source.

Cheers
-al

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom