1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool win the Super Cup

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Steven, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Liverpool 3 - 1 CSKA Moscow

The introduction of Cisse changes the game. Moscow ahead, until Cisse scores after a fortunate deflection off his arm to take the tie to extra time. Then Cisse adds a second after another fortunate deflection off the keeper saving his initial effort. Cisse the creator for Garcia to head in the third to kill the tie

OK but not spectacular

However it wasn't spectacular from Liverpool. Garcia missed a host of chances in the first half. Morientes looks stuck in a rut and lacking in confidence

The thing is Benitez likes playing a lone striker with either two wide players supporting or a person dropping off. I've noticed this has meant we lack a presence up front, particularly in the six yard box

Come back Michael? But then would he fit into Rafa's formation?

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Blimey, I watched this for 15 mins and was boring as hell so I started flicking.

Nice cup for Liverpool to have in the trophy cabinet!

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Yeah, if I wasn't a fan I wouldn't have carried on watching

4. the_waterboy

the_waterboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i sorta gave up after the first half. Didn't think Cisse would make that big a difference though! Maybe Liverpool don't need Owen afterall...

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    What Rafa should do is sell Morientes then bring in another striker - whether or not its Owen is another thing

Mori at Monaco was awesome - why we signed him. But at the moment he looks nervous and like he's not enjoying football. Although Rafa is putting faith in him at the moment

6. Spligsey

Spligsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Benitez let Owen go before, so cant really see him trying to gain his services again.

I reckon Owen would be perfect for Arsenal.

Adz

7. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Owen backed the club in a corner. he was willing to let the remaining year on his contract go, or leave for a pittance in Jan

Benitez was playing Cisse & Owen together in pre-season then with the view of them being strike partnership

Owen going public saying he wants to come back shows he regrets it. We won th CL without him

As I said above, Owen might not fit in Rafa's system. Owen needs a striker partner. Houllier played him alone and = failure

Yes Owen as main striker and Henry as provider. Except Arsenal have no money. Wenger said he wants a new Bergkamp, but he knows it; Owen could bang in the goals with Henry coming inside from left as normal

Arsenal need 2 more world class signings to challenge for Prem & CL. If Henry and 2 central MCs got inj, Arsenal wold be in trouble