Liverpool v Anderlecht

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Henry, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Just got back from the game. A much improved performance. Thank God! A few thoughts.

I was very impressed with Garcia tonight. Showed some real skill, a great great goal and ran his socks off.

Sissoko played well too. Looked a bit vulnerable after an early booking but controlled himself well after that and I think is starting to look the part.

Peter Crouch. Hmmm. I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He just looks ridiculous and if he doesn't control the ball or makes a mistake he looks far worse than any other player would. At the moment, I can't see why we paid £7,000,000 for him but if he got 16 goals in a woeful Southampton team last year, he's got to having something going for him! Think people have got to give him a break. Desperately needs a goal.

Morientes. He worked so so hard and it was a great finish. More More More..Morientes! Please!

Stevie G. Was pretty quiet stuck out on the right. Wasted out there really.

Xabi Alonso. Class, class, class. His vision and range of passing is just awe-inspiring. I do feel though that he's distributing from too deep and he could really do some damage further up the pitch where he could really hurt the opposition.

All in all, a good job done. One more point and through to the knockout stages. Come on you Reds! :smashin:

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Anderlecht, no wins in ten European outings. If you can't look good against them who can you? Nothing personal Henry, but we get too many meaningless 'Liverpool vs' posts on here. If you'd been playing Real, Juve, Bayern or even Lyon I'd be interested. But Anderlecht!? Gimme a break................... :cool: :suicide:

Come back if you stuff Chelsea by that score. Then we can all gloat together........... :devil: :D

3. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,882
    What do Liverpool need to do to prove they are a class act in Europe?? (especially compared to Arsenal :hiya: )

Last season we got through a group consisting of the previous years finalist, the previous years semi-finalist & the Greek Champions. Then knocked out the 2nd best team in Germany, the soon to be Italian Champions, the soon to be English Champions & then just AC Milan (probably the best team in Europe for 2 years) in the final.

This season we've started off even better in one of the most difficult groups going, dicked Betis away where Chelsea failed, held Chelsea at home & spanked Anderlecht twice. Had Chelsea not balls'd up last night we would've qualified with only 67% of group games played.

Arsenal on the other hand, looked incredibly oridinary against Thun at home, who are no doubt a worse side than Anderlecht..

4. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You are getting boring again lol :rotfl:
    But at least you didnt mention spin lol
    We beat a few decent teams on the way to the Final last year and no one gave us credit ..so we dont expect any this year .....now if only we could turn our European form into Premiership form

5. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,882
    ps. Mr Overkill - let's just take a few minutes to few Arsenal's exceptional Champions League History.

1999: Out in Group stage behind Dynamo Kyiv with just 8pts
    2000: Out in Group stage behind Barca & Fiorentina with just 8pts
    2001: 2nd in 2nd Group Stage with just 8pts, Out to Valencia in 1/4s
    2002: 3rd in 2nd Group Stage with just 7pts, Out
    2003: 3rd in 2nd Group Stage with just 7pts, Out
    2004: Lose 2 group games & finish with 10pts, Out to Chelsea in 1/4s
    2005: Out in 2nd round to Bayern Munich

6. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,882
    ps. Didn't Chelsea only just nick a 1-0 win against Anderlecht at home, whereas we made them look simply woeful.....

7. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Thank you all for proving a point. You can dish it out but can't take it. I personally don't subscribe to the 'scousers are just whiners' but the attitude you all take after you bore us all to death with endless, meaningless, posts about Liverpools latest exploits doesn't help that - at all.

So Arsenals record in Europe is crap, and Liverpools isn't. Oh boo hoo.
    I really, really, don't care. However the pathetic, defensive posts that come back every time someone doesn't bow down on the altar of snivelpool shows you quite clearly, and sadly, do. :suicide:

Hot tip coming:- GET A LIFE! Your football team (thats all they are, honest)grinding it's way to European victory wasn't the greatest thing that ever happened to you. If it was, then only a guy in a white coat can help you now.................... ;)

8. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Oh, you really, really do. Otherwise you wouldn't even bother trying to say you didn't...PJ :D

9. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    None taken, mate! I was more interested in the thoughts of Liverpool fans and people who may have made it to the game really than starting a "my team's better than yours" debate. Hence a few words on the players and nowhere was I suggesting that we were gonna win the thing again. We can dream thought! :D

Could be worse. You could be a Man U fan at the moment. :devil: Super Roy Keane! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The best thing about that whole debacle is he's right!!! :D And everyone knows it!

With pleasure! Although, I've long since learned not to get too carried away. Things have a way of coming back to bite you on the arse!!! :D

10. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,963
    overkill I think you'd better have a rest from the off-topic forums for a couple of weeks.

11. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    err I hope that dont mean he is banned from sport chat does it ?

12. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i agree with some of the posts, andrlecht were poor and were poor last at there place, as for chelski, maybe they wernt to bothered about losing to betis, because if liverpool lose to betis, which is possible, do u think u can actually go to chelsea and win, dont think so.
    i think lampard and co, said good luck at anfield to the betis players.

but what a game it would be the winners go through and the losers go in to the euafa cup.
    and can we borrow crouchy, cause our floodlight bulbs need changing, what a waste of money.