Liverpool or Everton for the CL?

What should the FA do?

• Enter Everton into the Champions League, and Lobby for a 5th place for Liverpool

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Enter Liverpool into the Champions League, and drop Everton to the UEFA Cup

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Set up a playoff match between Everton and Liverpool, with the winner entering the Champions League

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
do the losers of CL qualifiers get into the UEFA cup? I thought it was just the 3rd place team in the group stage..

marc_angelus said:
do the losers of CL qualifiers get into the UEFA cup?

I think they do...

Imagine the 4th placed team getting knocked out after 2 qualifying matches, and that was it...

And the 5th place team getting into the UEFA Cup (which IIRC is now mini-league based initially) and getting quite a few matches under their belt guaranteed...

It would be unfair wouldn't it? (though come to think of it at the the moment it sound totally OK!)

...PJ :)

i still think it's daft giving a team a 2nd chance just cos they blew it first time around. imagine if the FA let the losing team in the FA cup final play in the carling cup final instead, just to give them another chance :rotfl:

actually, i like that idea... anything that gives the world a chance to take another trophy away from chelski is fine by me ;)

I was reading on Teletext and apparently some big shot in Uefa has said that there's a possibility that if Liverpool win they could still enter the Champions' League

I think this thread deserves a bump!

Wish I'd put money on it now!!

...PJ :)

Yeah, i'm just happy to see Everton didn't waste the 4th CL place, they so wanted :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom