Live sub renewal - how to stop auto renewal?

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My Live sub runs out in a few days and I have a code card but don't want to use it at the moment as I am playing on MarioKart Wii all the time and don't want to waste the time.

I have my credit card details stored on the system for buying MS points (in fact I have two cards).

How do I stop MS automatically charging me £39.99 in a few days?

How do I delete my credit card details? I want to remove the existing ones and change to a new card.

Thanks

I know you have to phone M$ to delete your card off of account:smashin: Not sure how to stop auto renewal but guess you can do that as well over phone when cancelling your card:D

Long conversation ending with "I cannot do that - I'll get a supervisor to contact you within 48 hours".

Even asked me why I wanted to remove my financial details - "You do not need to know that, Its my financial information and I want it removed" I replied.

Fantastic customer service. Not.

Long conversation ending with "I cannot do that - I'll get a supervisor to contact you within 48 hours".

Even asked me why I wanted to remove my financial details - "You do not need to know that, Its my financial information and I want it removed" I replied.

Fantastic customer service. Not.

I have heard a few people say M$ are not good when it comes to cancelling your sub:thumbsdow Could you phone your Credit Card Company and tell them to reject payment if M$ try to take the payment?

I have heard a few people say M$ are not good when it comes to cancelling your sub:thumbsdow Could you phone your Credit Card Company and tell them to reject payment if M$ try to take the payment?

If I don't get a satisfactory response in the next 48 hours I will do. Will see how that pans out, but if not it will be contact the credit card people and letter of complaint to MS.

This is a very good question & I can't believe its not as easy to remove your CC details & cancel as it is to put your details in in the first place. Well actually I can, because thats microsoft (& sony) for you...... money-grabbing w*nkers.
My live subs isn't due for renewal for another 6 months but looks as though I should start the ball rolling now, the rate these customer services people operate at.:mad:

Microsoft will keep your details,for ever,and pass them to "interested parties".
i would say the easiest way is to phone your bank and tell them you lost your card,get a new one,with a new number,and they cant charge anything any more.

1 - Sign in to your profile on xboxlive.com
2 - On the top right corner you will 'My Xbox' and a arrow pointing downwards
3 - Click on the arrow and click my account
4 - On the left there should be a box with options 5 - Choose membership level and there will be a status of Automatic Renewal, it should be on to turn it off click it.
6 - And from there keep pressing next until you reach the cancel renewal page and thats it.

I know this is old but this is the only solution that doesn't involve calling MS and I haven't seen it on the site.

I have previously been on auto renewal for Live since the Xbox 1 days. Last year was the first time i realised how cheap codes could be purchased elsewhere and i managed to do so before the renewal.

Anyway, this year i forgot to sort it but because i've changed credit cards in the last few months, MS keep emailing me saying to avoid disconnection update card details as sub due.... it says if you have already resolved this ignore the email.

Clearly i don't want them taking £40 off me when i can get it for at least £10 cheaper. The question is, if i now buy a code and apply it to extend my live sub, would it do so from when mine should have expired, and will they treat it as sorted, or will it apply from the date i process the code and will they still badger me due to the week or so inbetween when my sub had run out and they were emailing..... Obvioulsy i don't want to pay for a card anf then have them stitch me up, but that said, how could they disconnect me if i have a new valid current sub...?

Anyone have experience of this? Thanks.

1 - Sign in to your profile on xboxlive.com
2 - On the top right corner you will 'My Xbox' and a arrow pointing downwards
3 - Click on the arrow and click my account
4 - On the left there should be a box with options 5 - Choose membership level and there will be a status of Automatic Renewal, it should be on to turn it off click it.
6 - And from there keep pressing next until you reach the cancel renewal page and thats it.

I know this is old but this is the only solution that doesn't involve calling MS and I haven't seen it on the site.

They have disabled that now. Now the only way to disable auto renew is to phone up MS and ask for auto renew. There are loads of thread about this on the official xbox forums and they all say this is the only method.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom