Live Free or Die Hard - Teaser trailer

Blump

Novice Member
As soon as i heard len wiseman was directing i lost hope in this being a decent action movie.

And judging by the teaser I think i'll probably be right (thought im happy to be proven wrong).

T800

Novice Member
I'm looking forward to this movie so far anyhow, based on the trailer which has not put me off it.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
This looks pretty good. I read ages ago that the movie studios managed to persuade Brucey to do a 4th one, as he was dead against it after 9/11, by bankrolling one of his own films.

Also I'm with T800, I hope it's a 15 or 18. I don't want watered down Johnny thank you very much.

inzaman

Also I'm with T800, I hope it's a 15 or 18. I don't want watered down Johnny thank you very much.
Same here and here hoping that it is a 15 or 18, i have a feeling that somehow it will be pg13; i really hope i am wrong though.

sh18

Novice Member
Here's a link that was working this morning:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/12...mber-14-live-free-or-die-hard-teaser-trailer/

I hope the film is good but the teaser looks a little too much like "The Transporter" and not like Die Hard, I also hope they don't slap a PG-13 rating on it and remove YippyK**********ucker which I could see them doing.
just watched the trailer and it doesnt look a lot like Die Hard, just another transporter flick, i hope it doesnt turn out that way.

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the last line by the kid to Mclane:smashin:
He looks like the kid from Jeepers Creepers. It's a different trailer to the one that I saw.. it looks great!

Croker

He looks like the kid from Jeepers Creepers. It's a different trailer to the one that I saw.. it looks great!
He is indeed the kid from Jeepers Creepers. Not sure how good the finished article will be, but it looks okay. I concur, though, that it doesn't look very "Die Hard", but more "Generic Action Flick #268".

T800

Novice Member
He is indeed the kid from Jeepers Creepers. Not sure how good the finished article will be, but it looks okay. I concur, though, that it doesn't look very "Die Hard", but more "Generic Action Flick #268".
Generic Action Flick Rules

Rule 1: Have large cgi object like a car luckily just miss the hero (with no skill involved) √

Rule 2: Use car to take out helicopter.√

Rule 3: Have the hero look totally unstressed and cool (nearly winking at the camera) even though he narrowly escaped death (see No1). √

The reason I've liked Die Hard was because it was hard work for McClane, it all felt like a huge gamble, he got hurt quite badly but kept going because he couldn't afford to lose. I don't get that feeling from this trailer at all, it is an early trailer though so fingers crossed.
I noticed John McTiernan is a producer on it, I hope that means something.

Well lets try to figure out the rules for a Die Hard movie..

McClane stressed out, and injured.
Has to save people at own risk.
The bad guys want him more than anyone else.
It's a robbery that has been made to look like something else.
Foreign accents preferrable.
Timed around Christmas.. preferrable.
Involve an innocent party, who is not quite so brave.
Have lives at stake.
Lots of explosions.
Bare feet, and a vest.. preferrable.
Only he knows the truth behind the crime. Police want him out of there.
Lots of glass.

T800

Novice Member
If this gets the R rating I'm hoping for Transformers will more than likely come out on top.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom