Live coverage of Barcelona celebrations on BBC

clockworks

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was watching BBC News last night. They kept cutting to live feeds from Spain showing the team bus and the stadium for several minutes at a time. Nothing actually happening, just crowd shots.

I'm most definitely not a Man Utd. fan (happy for them to get beaten), but I feel that this was rubbing their noses in it.
Never seen anything like this before, when a British team loses and the BBC go back the next day to show the opponent's homecoming.

I think it is more the nature of blanket TV/News coverage on our boxes more than anything.

They will show absolutely anything these days to fill an hour or 4.

I am sure the fans in Manchester, Surrey and Kent are still mightily upset, but everyone being grown up now can presumably understand a few fans who are celebrating their team completing the treble

I am sure the fans in Manchester, Surrey and Kent are still mightily upset, but everyone being grown up now can presumably understand a few fans who are celebrating their team completing the treble

Indeed. Its not like we didnt do the same thing in 99 now is it

I think it is more the nature of blanket TV/News coverage on our boxes more than anything.

They will show absolutely anything these days to fill an hour or 4.

I guess that you are right - crews were there for the match, decided to have an extra day's "holiday" and provide some cheap filler material.

I just hope this isn't the start of a trend. I watch BBC News (AKA News 24) for news, not endless crowd shots of yesterday's story. Bad enough that they have "celeb" and film slots, without filling more air time with non-stories about a foreign football club going for a bus ride.

Bad enough that they have "celeb" and film slots, without filling more air time with non-stories about a foreign football club going for a bus ride.

It's all news now whether it's important or not is a matter of opinion. You could argue that in years gone by the 'and finally story' wasn't 'real' news either. Those celeb and film slots are 15 minutes I think, which is hardly a lot on a 24 hour network and they are of course dropped for any big story.

It's all news now whether it's important or not is a matter of opinion. You could argue that in years gone by the 'and finally story' wasn't 'real' news either. Those celeb and film slots are 15 minutes I think, which is hardly a lot on a 24 hour network and they are of course dropped for any big story.

They always seem to be on when I'm in the kitchen cooking or washing-up.

Fergie fell out with the BBC quite some time again. That's why they now never get an interview with him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom