live complaint - 1 month gold trial

SheldonLavine

Established Member
Reaction score
signed up to live tonight with the intention of d/l the dead rising demo from marketplace. wanted silver memebership only as I want to get up to speed with my games before going fully live (intended going gold at around novemebr)

Anyway, on completing the silver membership details it automatically signs me up to the 1month free gold memberrship.....which i don't want to use yet!

if i get onto MS will they be able to sort this out....surely I should be able to choose when the 1 month free gold trial starts

Well as its free i dont really see that you have a right to complain, The month free is just intended to give you an idea of how great Xbox live is, Just give it a go mate and enjoy, Dont worry that you arnt up tp speed with your games yet.

Oh woe is you, a FREE month and you're uppity? Make a new profile to get the Gold and keep your current Gamertag offline. Then you can take it online in the future and get the free month and still have the Dead Rising demo.

why are you complaining about something that is free? some people are never happy

andytabor said:
why are you complaining about something that is free? some people are never happy

I realise the gold membership is free, I am only complaining that after setting up a silver account (in order to access marketplace to d/l a demo) MS have automatically without option given me the one month gold free trial.

I'm not going to get much time to use it in august and was hoping to use the trial nearer xmas i.e. i'm not going to get much use out of it now (and i am not up to speed with games anyway)

i suppose but your not out of pocket or anything, even if you were 1 month on live only equates to £3.33

andytabor said:
i suppose but your not out of pocket or anything, even if you were 1 month on live only equates to £3.33

true it's only money afterall....but then again I come from a pc gaming background where online gaming is free.

you have a point though, it would be a good option to defer the 1 month trial to a later date

andytabor said:
you have a point though, it would be a good option to defer the 1 month trial to a later date

thanks finally someone sees my point :thumbsup: , though reading through the other posts I appreciate my complaint is a niggle rather then a major issue.

Munkey Boy said:
I believe you get 3 one months trials that can be activated from any one 360, so you've still got 2 left.

How would one go about activating the other two?

DJBenz said:
How would one go about activating the other two?
Create a new .passport account and make a new Gamertag on the 360, select silver and it'll force u into a gold 1 month trial.

Waynej said:
Create a new .passport account and make a new Gamertag on the 360, select silver and it'll force u into a gold 1 month trial.

Marvellous. Thankyou.

Although, I'll probably just end up subscribing, but it's worth knowing.

SheldonLavine said:
true it's only money afterall....but then again I come from a pc gaming background where online gaming is free.
Me too! I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but after paying for the 360 and for the games to play on it it seems a little rich to then have to pay a subscription to MS for the privelige of playing the games you've bought online.
You certainly don't have to do that with PC-based games. :mad:

yeah but the differance is you are paying for a premium service that takes the hassle out o online gaming, and at £0.0109p per day its not a lot for the ease of use, remember that your average console gamers isint all that tech savvey so the easier the better, of course they could provided live for free but then the support for it would dry up as they wouldn't have a revenue from it and it would end up being like the abomonation that is network play on ps2. Ofcourse they may start this advertising paid service in which case it would be free but i think id rather pay for it after all if you pay for it they are obliged to keep it running well and improve it. if it was free then its not something you have any rights to complane about it it all goes pants.

i totally agree, id rather pay a subscription fee every year for a consistent unified service rather than the ps2 network play which is free but is a total mess. xbox live isnt anything new but microsoft have done it properly something that sony should learn from. i think if sony had got there first with an xbox live type service then they would have crushed all their competitors and be all powerful by now.

Yup, OK fair points made there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom