live communication - very dissapointing

SheldonLavine

Established Member
Reaction score
So far, as a new x360 owner, i'm a huge advocate of the console...it's brilliant in many respects :thumbsup:

Iv'e been told how good live is but during the free trial period I have found the speech quality using the headset highly dissapointing, in addition, when I play FN3 there is a lobby where you can text chat but the virtual keyboard is so slow to navigate that it impedes its use.

In fairness I can only compare to what I have been used to on PC multiplayer gaming, obviously virtual keyboard is not an issue but for voice communication i use skype conference call and it's crystal clear between players.

Live is a subscription service....... I wonder if MS are going to invest in improving multi-player communication? ..... In the meantime I doubt I will be signing up :(

Ive not had any problems with voice quality really. To be honest its a case of quality versus bandwidth. Voice takes up a lot. If you want proper "toll" quality voice it takes up 64k/s which is a lot to add on top of what your game is doing already.

Ditto, i find it very good. If anything the crap headset doesnt help, but its not bad at all.

I agree a little, yes It dont seem as good as old xbox but this could be down to headset as the 360 one is defo quieter at max.
But not dissapointing.
Note - everyone at somepoint in their live career has experienced some kind of echo or fuzzy speech. but not a lot and certainly not dissapointing.
You may have probs, by any chance do u see lots of lag online? as ive seen virtually none on 360Live (apart from frogger)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom