Live Arcade on the PS3?

redmarkred

Does anyone know if there will be a service like the Xbox Live Arcade where you can download games onto the PS3?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
lol you can't blame them for copying really. Its only fair to do so as its all about the competition at the end of the day.

Smak

Waynej said:
lol you can't blame them for copying really. Its only fair to do so as its all about the competition at the end of the day.
I would be disapointed if they did'nt, can only bring something new to the concept for example user created games that are downloadable (PS3 Yaroze).

Smak said:
I would be disapointed if they did'nt, can only bring something new to the concept for example user created games that are downloadable (PS3 Yaroze).
That's not really new, with microsoft already releasing dev kits to the public to make games.

Smak

jayd said:
That's not really new, with microsoft already releasing dev kits to the public to make games.
Yeah it's not new Sony have been doing it since PS1 (so are microsft the ones copying?) but now there is a network for distrubition.

runam0k

Smak said:
Yeah it's not new Sony have been doing it since PS1 (so are microsft the ones copying?) but now there is a network for distrubition.
It's new in the sense MS might actually make it work ;)

I see all three doing this (yes, even Ninty). Gaming and game development needs it.

Plus I prefer the idea of new arcade games from indie devs than rehashed classics.