Live Aid to be released on DVD

SOUNDSTYLE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just read on NME that the whole concert will be released due to bootleg copies around at the moment.
Excellent news. I've been wanting to get this for years.

May as well just release Queen's performance, others aren't worth bothering about ;)

Originally posted by Kevo
May as well just release Queen's performance, others aren't worth bothering about ;)

What makes you say that? Seems rather stupid to disregard 99% one of the biggest charitable events in our history because you're obsessed with the band that a dead man was once a member of.

I've read the news reports of several court cases being brought against bootlegers on Ebay selling pirate copies of this on DVD for a while now.

Agree, that it's excellent news.

I know it was all for a good cause and everything, but wasn't it a bit, you know, pants? It must have been a logistical nightmare to organise, but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I seem to remember Tracy Chapman and Neil Young playing a couple of blinders, but there was a lot of pap, too.

Hence the ;) Dimmy.

What's being dead got anything to do with it :confused:

...that a dead man was once a member of.

:confused: I don't understand why you had to point this out

Having actually been there I can confirm that Queen were awesome but then they always were.

I have happy memories of queuing 2 days for tickets in Ipswich (even have my photo from the evening paper), the panic when the car we used to get there kept breaking down and the tears when Paul's microphone failed for Let It Be.

Sheer Magic.

Originally posted by Dimmy
What makes you say that? Seems rather stupid to disregard 99% one of the biggest charitable events in our history because you're obsessed with the band that a dead man was once a member of.

I've read the news reports of several court cases being brought against bootlegers on Ebay selling pirate copies of this on DVD for a while now.

Agree, that it's excellent news.

you need to lighten up mate:D

In all fairness the best acts were most probably Queen and U2.I still have all the concert(in stereo) on 3 vhs cassettes that I recorded almost 19 years ago.

:confused: I have the entire show too, but it fills 6 E180 VHS tapes.

And there were plenty of fine performances apart from Queen and U2.

Elvis Costello's one-man version of "All You Need Is Love" with the Wembley crowd chanting the brass parts. Superb!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom