Live Accounts switch to 360.What is going to happen?

mhd1966

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I went into my local `Game` yesterday and after I had picked myself up off the floor after they told me that they were only getting on or around 50!!...a thought occured to me.....
Remembering that the 360 will come with a 2 (or it could be 3) month free `Live` trial,what is going to happen to existing accounts that will be transfered to the new consoles,or,put it another way...will you get 3months free if you are an existing customer upgrading to the new console. Anyone know?
Also learned that GAMESTATION are opening their stores at midnight on the 2nd Dec but not ones that operate in a shopping centre.

Microsoft has stated that existing accounts will migrate seamlessly to the 360 but I don't think they've made specific mention of the free trial and how it relates to existing users. Based on the current model though, I would say the free trial won't apply to existing subscribers - you definitely can't extend your full subscription just now using a trial code bundled with a game so I wouldn't expect you to be able to use the free trial with the 360 to extend your paid subscription either unfortunately.

Cheers,

Colin

The last I heard, to get the 'seamless' migration, you have to tie your current xbox live membership to a .NET passport - thats the only way it'll migrate across automatically. And you'll end up with GOLD membership of course.

mhd1966 said:
Also learned that GAMESTATION are opening their stores at midnight on the 2nd Dec but not ones that operate in a shopping centre.
Mine's pre-order from Gamestation - in a shopping centre :(

richard plumb said:
The last I heard, to get the 'seamless' migration, you have to tie your current xbox live membership to a .NET passport - thats the only way it'll migrate across automatically. And you'll end up with GOLD membership of course.

That could be interesting for me if that the case as i've been banned from xbox.com for having an offensive username!

I've got a live account i havn't used for ages, when I tried to check my details it asks for the last four digits of a credit card I don't know the number of (to many credit cards), and i'm flogging the box so how will the account transfer to the 360, and is there a punter support line I can phone for help?

update! the xbox has gone!

Cheers.

.NET isn't a number, it's all to do with having a Passport account with Microsoft. You need to link your Gamertag to a .NET Passport apparently, linking details are here.

Oh, and frozendexter, Xbox support is 0800 587 1102.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom