LittleDot Mk3 Valve Headphone amp owners thread.

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by moppit, Aug 13, 2013.

1. moppit

moppit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Reading through recent threads on the subject of valve headphone amps, tube rolling etc. I thought I'd get this started!

Just ordered a Little Dot mkiii direct from LD in China via Ebay (£200) on various recommendations and looking forward to hearing this with my Grado RS2i's

Does anyone else have one of these? Are you using the stock tubes or something else? What are your experiences? Any downsides?

Given that the Grados are 45Ohm do I need to change anything on the amp to optimise the output?

I've also ordered some Mullard M8100 as I hear these are fab for headphone amps and only cost me around £16 for a pair in the UK. I'm assured by David at LD that these are exact replacements and no settings need changing.

Obviously once the amp arrives I will give a full update on how things sound...

Watch this space...

Moppit

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    A great platform to roll on, the official valve list is but a tiny proportion of what you can roll on this for peanuts. M8100 is a great tube but the older ones are better again (60s rather than 80s production) and some of the more 'exotic' rolled tubes take the amp even further.