little warning about the ps3 1.3 firmware

M

Mugs

little warning about this update and i hope this will help out people who had the same situation as me.

dowload update.........
screen pops up with the usual"press ps button blah blah".
nothing happens no matter how many times you press the ps button :confused: .
switch off machine at power and back on.....same screen ><
a lot of people would panic, what with having paid over the odds and importing the machine and with reading about so many bricked units on the go that they'll think "oh noez my machine is screwed".....hoever
CONNECT PAD WITH THE USB CABLE AND YOU CARRY ON THE UPDATE NO PROBLEM(and yes my pad battery life was at full when in wireless mode)

hope this helps people who had the same problem :D

M

Mugs

woops just read further down that there is indeed a bluetooth update in there.......that'll be why you cant initiate the update while in wireless mode

A little bit funny. I am glad they did add the usb cable so you can connect your wireless pad as a wired remote.

If its a usb has anyone tried it on a pc ? like the 360 pad.

shade_of_meta

Novice Member
Yea...its a standard USB cable...my PC recognises it as a PS3 controller when i'm charging it via the laptop!

Mekon1

Standard Member
I had the pain of this happening to me last night when I tried to update my PS3. It downloaded the update then I could not get past the press the PS button part. I decided to switch my machine off, but I was so worried that it was going to brick it.

Luckily it started the update when I switched it back on. Was well worried that it was going to brick my machine. Glad I am not the only one that it has happened to.

Cheers
Steve

psikey

Distinguished Member
:confused:

There was a warning on the screen to connect the pad by USB cable before undertaking the update ;) (was on mine anyway)

Mekon1

Standard Member
It was probably on mine, but I didnt read it :eek:

Cheers
Steve