1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little warning about dabs.com

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Mr_Belowski, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Hey Kids,

After recommending one you order a graphics card from dabs.com, I feel obliged to issue a little warning...

I just received a retail pack Radeon 9200 ordered for a friend. The card is missing loads of advertised bits and bobs, including:

all the software (software DVD player, Pinnacle 8, some other goodies), DVI connector, DVI-VGA convertor, S Video lead, Composite lead.

In fact, the card looks like an OEM, not retail pack. It's advertised as having features that simply aren't present on the card or in the box. The box has been opened, as has the anti-static bag the card came in.

Needless to say, each order is different and I may have got unlucky. My advise is to take Dab's product feature list with a big pinch of salt and (if you can) check the list is correct on the manufacture's website before ordering. And if you do order, check each item is present.

To top it all, Dabs will not send the missing items and will only offer a refund on the card if I return it at my expense.

If you're looking for PC stuff online, check out this site:

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

for some interesting customer feedback on loads of online stores (including Dabs, which doesn't come out at all well).

[edit... forgot to include the url... durrrrrr]

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    They made the same screw-up with me with a Matrox card sometime back .. the web-site advertised the 'retail' product but they actually stocked the 'oem' product.

They admitted the web-site was wrong. In the end I didn't have to pay return postage ;) ... when they told me I was liable for that I suggested I may pursue a claim in the small-claims court for false advertising. :D

3. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    strange that as they have always been very good with me, takes a while for the money to come back but last month I sent a faulty Abit max 3 mobo board back... i got a refund with no hassle at all

4. mcompton69

mcompton69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would get in touch with them again - Or go to trading standards.

If the product does not meet the description, they are liable for all costs for the replacement parts and/or transporting the part back to them to get replacement. You need to go to the web site and click you order and then click the 'R' for returns.

Their customer services department are completely useless. They make their money and keep their customers by charging the lowest prices (nearly the lowest).

I have found www.overclock.co.uk to be the best PC retailer - prices and customer services.

5. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I ended up getting my money back. After 3 weeks of fannying around waiting for collections that never turned up :(

They refunded the collection charge in the end, so I guess they're not completely evil ;)

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    I use to use them a lot a although not the very cheapest they use to do free postage on most stuff, then that got raised to about on goods over £80 then they stopped it.
    Also I found phoning them sometime you had to wait an eternity to talk to someone.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    never had an issue with dabs, they are the best compromise of price and service i have found, but then never had to send anything back!

8. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Time was, about 3 years ago, they were pretty contactable, then they re-branded themselves DABS.COM and went downhill, now I never bother trying, last time I spent an hour on hold .. they're pretty good and I deal with them a lot, but never on anything I expect or fear I may need to talk to them about.

9. hipshaker

hipshaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm ......... I'm having some problems too. Only part of an order arrived nearly 3 weeks ago. They told me that their supplier would send the rest .... but I'm still waiting.

KRaGorn ...... you seem to suggest you have a phone number for them. Any chance of letting me have it?

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    I too spent over an hour on the phone the last time I ever used them and I was something between 26th and 36th in line I waited 1hour 15 minutes for a reply and got down to 1st in line then all of a sudden there was a click and I got dropped back to where I first started.:mad:

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016

I'm not KRaGorn but
    Try

All sales 0870 129 3000
    Customer Service 0870 129 3220
    All other departments 0870 129 3100