little trick i have learned to get a device online

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by barrybhoy80, Jan 2, 2012.

1. barrybhoy80

barrybhoy80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a LG HX806PG 3d Bluray Home Cinema system that has netcast. The only issue was it does not have wifi and also is not compatable with a dongle...meaning the only way it can go online would be to plug the unit directly into the router with an ethernet cable...

i have also recently been sent an adaptor from sky to make my sky hd box able to go wireless and pick up sky anytime+

last night I had a thought and wondered what would happen if I plugged the sky anytime+ adaptor into the back of the bluray player...the result was the bluray player picked up the wifi signal no bother and now works great.

This little box is available form sky for £60 or you could blag one like i did:thumbsup:

2. crispincorky

crispincorky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you get a proper hdmi 1.4 lead with ethernet capabilities, the network will be picked up via your tv ;)

My bluray player updated itself the other night without even being plugged into the 'tinternet ;)

3. maximum

maximum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. barrybhoy80

barrybhoy80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no it wont as the tv isnt network ready but the bluray player is:)