1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Spheros problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by genoa1893, Mar 17, 2005.

1. genoa1893

genoa1893

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi to all,

today i've finally received my 37 Sphero and i'm very happy of PQ :thumbsup: , but there are 2 small problems :

1) When I see terrestrial signal and i put picture format to 16:9, everytime i switch between channels the aspect ratio return to Panoramic.
    I've tried to set the others format and all remain the same when i switch between channels. Only 16:9 always change :confused:
    (i've set AMD off)

2) When fed with prog scan signal through component imput and with a dvd in 1.85:1 format the screen don't visualize a full screen image as it shoul be, but remains a little black bar (less than 1 centimeter) at the top.
    I've tried to move the vertical position but this doesn't solve the problem(1/2 cm. at the top and 1/2 cm. at the bottom).
    My dvd player is a Philips 963 sa.

Someone can help me? (Ianh ;) ?)

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

2. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

1. this is the same for all Loewe TV's - no way around it that I know of. :(

2. 16:9 is 1.78 not 1.85 - which is why you get the bars I think. :)

Cheer Masher :D

3. vascovaz

vascovaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is an anoying thing about the Loewe sets but you can make the tv always switch to 16:9 ratio. You must do:

1-enter Service Mode Menu ( On the tv press function key that as an arow
    five times (indication “Service” will appear),
    afterwards within a sec. Press key “M”
    on the remote control.

2- go to Option Byte

3- go to Option Byte 3 / number 0

4 - change the value to 1

5- save and exit Service Mode

(If you don´t like the night awakening of the TV for EPG update you can turn it off at:

Byte 3 /number 2 set to "0")

Regards

Vasco

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    For some reason, my screen always comes on in 16:9. I guess this is because I either use an external Freeview box or the integrated D-TV/D-Sat option. For some inputs, DVI, HD or progressive component, you actually get the option to permanently select it - select picture format from the menu - you will see that the cursor icon displays 'OK' when you change to a new option. If you then select OK, the option is stored for that input, if you do not hit OK, it is a temporary change.

As for DVD viewing, as Masher says, DVD are often not true 16:9. You then have the option to zoom in. The default seems to be about 10%, but this appears to be definable in the service menu. Zoom options differs between SD component and HD/ProScan component or DVI. In SD mode, or if Auto sets SD, you get the options that you would with say the RGB input, so zoom, panarama etc. However in DVI or HD/ProScan component you get a limited setup. In this mode, watch for the OK in the cursor to see what features you can temporarily set and those that can be permanently set. This appears to be on a per resolution/scan rate basis, atleast for the DVI input - I can permanently set different options for PAL and NTSC for instance.

-Ian

5. genoa1893

genoa1893

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you all, i'm very happy with my Spheros :thumbsup: :smashin: :clap: :D

6. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    Given that the new Loewe Xelos 42D is available with HDMI, I sent a message to Loewe customer services asking when the Spheros 37 would similarly be updated to HDMI.

The response from Loewe was that the Spheros 37 is now available with HDMI - although DVB-T is still an option.

7. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I always use AMD on my Loewe TV. It works VERY well and keeps you on the right aspect ratio pretty much all the time.
    Only the odd Xbox game requires manual adjustment.

Did you try the AMD feature?

8. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the Loewe Masterprice, which is basically the same screen as Spheros, but another design. It has a built-in harddisc and Satellite decoder.
    It is a fantastic piece of design furniture, with an excellent PQ. I have never seen such good blacks on LCD. It must be the contrastglass in front.

C

9. genoa1893

genoa1893

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :mad: bad news :mad:

I've found two dead pixel (black pix on blue background).
    I phoned to loewe customer care but they said that 2 dead pixel are within tollerance...but not for me :mad: not for a lcd of that price.
    Today i'll phone to my retailer in order to arrange a swap....i wish