1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little mermaid dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by asteri, Jul 12, 2002.

1. asteri

asteri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Hope someone can help or suggetst something I can do?

Last week I bid for a dvd on ebay and won the dvd I presumed that the disc was legite as it said it would be wrapped in sellophene thing, anyway recieved it played it and it stopped halfway through and wouldn't go any further!! Went to the scene selection and and clicked on chapter 19 and it went blank and took straight back to the menu section. I think I already know the answer to the question that its a duff disc!! Also on the dvd box there is a sticker stating that it has 9 layers, long shot I know but would it have anything to do with this.

I did try and get in contact with the person I bought it from but he doesn't reply to my emails, whcih is a bummer!! I think I'll have to wait till 2006, heard a rumour that is when they will be releasing Little mermaid on dvd boo hoo!!!

thankyou

asteri

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If it is a pirate (I haven't a clue whether this title is on 'official release), then report the seller to ebay.

Ebay is absolutely rife with pirated dvds at the moment (try a search using 'attack clones'!

I fell victim to a seller with a +ve feedback rating of over 300 who advertised a disc as being Criterion (& does so regularly). It was a good copy, but a giveaway DTS logo on the sleeve for a film that should have just had a DD1.0 track (Yojimbo) & no spine number aroused my suspicions.

Got a full refund though.

If you see a disc on ebay that has not had an official release then you can be 100% certain that it is a pirated copy & will be s**t. Report it to ebay & they will end the auction. They can only do this if these auctions are reported. I recently got an auction for an AOTC dvd ended & it had already reached £100!

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Little Mermaid was released on R1. I have a copy. Totally Legit disc in an official cover and printed disc. Dual layer, DD 5.1 but, as with all early Disney DVD's, no extra's. I am on the lookout for a legit R1 Lady & The Tramp if anyone can point me in the right direction.

4. Tafsir

Tafsir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
  5. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was an official UK R2 release but it has been OOP for sometime.

It sounds as if the disk crashes on the 2nd layer.
    With the packaging does the sticker say DVD9 (rather than 9 layers ?). This means it is a dual layer disk, with the 9 refering to amount of storage space (no sure of all technical details).

Unfortunately if sticker says disk is a DVD9 normally another indication its pirate as Disney don't tend to use this.

With Disney's moratoriums on their classic films as others have said most Disney on ebay is pirate especially with the high prices they sell for now.