Little Help Please

Batch

Ok, so at the moment i only have my pc liked up to the internet via usb from an ntl rounter i think it is. Anyway where i get the 360 i am going to be putting it into another room from my computer and play live using the 'xbox 360 wireless network adapter'. So what do i need to change around my pc, do i need to get a wireless modem, wireless router, wireless access point or anything else?

Btw what is the difference between a wirelss router and wireless access point?

Thanks

Batch

M

mal60908

Batch said:
Ok, so at the moment i only have my pc liked up to the internet via usb from an ntl rounter i think it is. Anyway where i get the 360 i am going to be putting it into another room from my computer and play live using the 'xbox 360 wireless network adapter'. So what do i need to change around my pc, do i need to get a wireless modem, wireless router, wireless access point or anything else?

Btw what is the difference between a wirelss router and wireless access point?

Thanks

Batch
To set up a wireless network, you will need a wireless router (netgear DG834G or GT). This has a built in modem so it just connects to your phone line, then you can connect your PC, laptop, xbox etc to it with wires or wireless.

To make your xbox wireless you need a wireless bridge, such as the new 360 one or a netgear or belkin one.

I have a router at home, netgear dg834 but it isn't wireless, to make it wireless I added a wireless access point, this is basically what it says on the tin, a wireless point that all your wireless stuff can access before going on to the router, so if you buy a wireless router, you don't need a wireless access point because it is built in to the router.

Make sure you get all your wireless stuff 54mbps (54g) and it isn't much more than the b stuff (11mbps) and will be fine for stream media.

Top Bottom