Little help deciding on a 32" under £500 plz!

ja3h

Standard Member
Hi there,

Basically i planned to get a £300 tv but i've upped my budget to £500 now. I'm thinking of getting either:

Samsung LE32R87BDX Bordeaux 32" - 490

Toshiba 32C3030DB 32" - 470

I saw them in John Lewis today and they both look good to me, the samsung was slightly better looking. The back of the Toshiba had a subwoofer attached to it - would this mean better sound? Or was that an extra added on?

Well your comments are welcome and if i've overlooked any other set please let me know!

Thanks,
James

ChrisGgr

Both very good tv's!!!If you can give 530£have a look at the Sony 32S3000!!!!

gari189

Hi there,

Basically i planned to get a £300 tv but i've upped my budget to £500 now. I'm thinking of getting either:

Samsung LE32R87BDX Bordeaux 32" - 490

Toshiba 32C3030DB 32" - 470

Woah - the Tosh is available from currys for £432.24. To get this price use the code YAW800 for 5% off and AW35TVS for £35 off....

or for £400 if you collect from Empire Direct or £415 delivered if you use the 10% off code

ja3h

Standard Member
wow cool thanks!
i tried it online and they didn't work... hmm
edit: ooh it worked using internet explorer!!

I've also seen the

PANASONIC TX32LMD70 32"

So any of the first 2 are a good choice?

gari189

wow cool thanks!
i tried it online and they didn't work... hmm
edit: ooh it worked using internet explorer!!

I've also seen the

PANASONIC TX32LMD70 32"

So any of the first 2 are a good choice?
All 3 are good televisions - the Sammy may have the edge on HD performance but the other 2 may have better SD performance than the Samsung...

ja3h

Standard Member
I actually just ordered the samsung from dixons for £468 =)

Doesn't arrive till Wednesday now...*waits at front door

=)

mattb001

Standard Member
I had the same decision to make from those 3 TVs, ended up going for the Panasonic. It was very close, but after several hours spent in various electrical shops I decided the Samsung was a bit too bling bling for me, and didn't seem to handle movement quite as well as the Panny.

Used the Curry's codes to get it for £450, well pleased with that considering it's still £650 on the high street.

Scottyyy

I had the same decision to make from those 3 TVs, ended up going for the Panasonic. It was very close, but after several hours spent in various electrical shops I decided the Samsung was a bit too bling bling for me, and didn't seem to handle movement quite as well as the Panny.

Used the Curry's codes to get it for £450, well pleased with that considering it's still £650 on the high street.

Which codes did you use mate? Comes to £480 when I try it.

Oh and did you get the LXD or LMD?

Thanks

mattb001

Standard Member
It's gone up over the weekend I'm afraid, was down to £494 on Sunday, then I used the £35 and the NHSsomething codes.

That was for the LMD. Considering my budget was originally £300 I really couldn't stretch any further :)

ChrisGgr

The code is NHS2222

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom